Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 05-04-2011, 10:50 AM   #1
stachuman
stachuman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Tricky problem with built-in recipe - need your help.... :(

Dears,

There is a built-in recipe - 'Rzeczpospolita OnLine' - in short words - on linux this recipe does not work, on on PC under windows it works, on other - not..

So, I do not know python, anyway - did try to investigate ( running calibre in debug, also - same - under linux ) and my guess is as follow - there is something wrong with rss links ( not being 'translated' ?? )

The recipe changes the link slightly adding 'print=tak' - to get the printable version -
taking the link (as example )

http://rss.feedsportal.com/c/32536/f...ml/story01.htm

If I'd put that into web viewer - it is immediatelly translated ( java code I guess ) into: http://www.rp.pl/artykul/549282,635828.html

Function in recipe would convert it into: http://www.rp.pl/artykul/635828.html?print=tak

What is absolutely correct - and get what it should - unfortunately what I see in the log is:

http://rss.feedsportal.com/c/32536/f....htm?print=tak

So - the original rss link is not 'converted' into desired one.

I don't understand why on one PC - even this - not-so-correct - link is working fine ( under windows ), while on the other PC - this is not working.

To be sure - I use same recipe - I did copy from working PC the recipe code and used it under linux as a custom one.

Any help.... please...

Thanks,
Stan
stachuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:38 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You need to implement the get_article_url method in your recipe to get the correct URL from the RSS feed.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2011, 03:07 PM   #3
stachuman
stachuman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Hello,

Thanks for suggestion but... hm, not sure - it will help me yet - I did investigate further and what I found is - from RSS the link guide to a web page which contain only advert and link to the real article.

Unfortunately this page is shown not always - sometime yes, sometime no (not sure of condition) - the link on this page seems to have constant label ( something like - 'click to get the article' ... )

So, in recipe I'd need to set a condition - and eventually follow the link to be at the proper page - I guess - I'll need to override the method you gave me - right? Comparing the input url - if it points to url with advert - find on the page the proper link and return it - sounds good?
stachuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 03:08 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yes, that is what you need to do.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
recipe