Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-12-2011, 03:00 AM   #1
dhume01
Connoisseur
dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Chromebook Pro, Note 10 Lite
Automatically resizing epub images

When converting HTML files to ePub, I find that some images in the file extend beyond the viewing area of my ereader. Is there any way in calibre to automatically limit the horizontal and vertical resolution of images? I'm using a PRS-505, and I also find the same issue in Sony Reader files.

I've looked in both the manual, and searched mobileread, but I couldn't find any relevant info. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
dhume01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 03:56 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhume01 View Post
When converting HTML files to ePub, I find that some images in the file extend beyond the viewing area of my ereader. Is there any way in calibre to automatically limit the horizontal and vertical resolution of images? I'm using a PRS-505, and I also find the same issue in Sony Reader files.
I thought that if you had Sony reader selected as your Output Profile (Preferences - Common Options - Page setup) the images would be resized upon conversion.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2011, 11:59 AM   #3
dhume01
Connoisseur
dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I checked, the Sony Reader profile is my selected profile.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:15 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre resizes images to fit on the device screen, but if the images are offset, i.e. if their left edge is not at the left edge of the screen, then they will go off. Or if the html includes a width="100%" directive and the width of the body is larger than the screen then they will be stretched by the reader.

In such cases, the problem cannot be automatically fixed, you have to tedit the ebook using software like Sigil.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:45 PM   #5
dhume01
Connoisseur

Thanks for the reply! I'll look into it.
Advert