Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-20-2010, 05:12 PM   #16
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
I think it is sad as with the now out of stock kindles, people are becoming desperate for Christmas. This is the first timemthis has occurred on the Australian eBay site.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 05:18 PM   #17
enkov
Advanced Dunno
enkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud of

Device: Kindle Fire HDX 7 + Paperwhite 2013
7 x 200 = 1400 Kindles? This man have a bunch of the Kindles. A whole container. Wow.

I think it is a stolen eBay/Paypal login. And that is the reason that the seller goes suddenly to sell a 1400 Kindles at a bargain price when he had yet sells only a 2-3 dollar items. Or he was fooled to become a dropshipper - but the stock is not real. And he will instantly have to transfer all incoming money to other PayPal account (leaving a small amount for him as his part of the profit).

And the price is really considered accurately. It is lower than a retail price, even it is in so called acceptable range ($50, under $100) that the people can try as a risk.

Last edited by enkov; 11-20-2010 at 05:21 PM.
enkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2010, 06:03 PM   #18
bitschnau
Enthusiast
bitschnau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bitschnau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bitschnau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bitschnau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Check out this offer, if you buy 2 Kindles you get an iPhone for free!

Think it's real?
bitschnau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 06:24 PM   #19
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkov View Post
7 x 200 = 1400 Kindles? This man have a bunch of the Kindles. A whole conta

And the price is really considered accurately. It is lower than a retail price, even it is in so called acceptable range ($50, under $100) that the people can try as a risk.
Yes, he knows the market. Almost worth a shot for some desperate to get a kindle before Christmas, because the international ones aren't available.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:38 PM   #20
Pushka
Wizard

All gone now, no longer a registered seller. The seller emailed me to say it was their "company's promotional price"
Advert
Old 11-21-2010, 03:12 AM   #21
VICROAMER
Enthusiast
VICROAMER began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I think forum members here have saved ebayers money and a lot of heartache.
Well Done
VICROAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 06:06 AM   #22
enkov
Advanced Dunno
enkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud of

If it goes not registered seller - PayPal blocked his account and will refund all money. This is an eBay buyer protection. But all hopes, plans for a Christmas gift and so on will gone. Sad but true.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:11 AM   #23
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiersten View Post
"If you don't receive in 25 working days(not including the weekend and holiday) after shipping,please contact us,we will fill a form to post office check the item status for you."

So you have to wait 5 weeks and then they'll "send" a form to look for the item so that'll be another couple of weeks and by that point they'll have cashed out their Paypal account and be laughing all the way to their real bank...
Paypal only allows 30 days to file a complaint including weekends..... so it sounds like they are trying to push it past that time frame
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 09:41 AM   #24
enkov
Advanced Dunno

45 days but not working - just a 45 days I think.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:50 AM   #25
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I think Amazon had them shut down. Like Pushka and probably others, I contacted Amazon Kindle Support (via email) with a link to the auction. It seems that within 24 hours, the auction was killed and the seller was NARU'd. The same thing happened with the $45 auction.

It's obvious these are Kindles stolen from the factory and the seller was not authorized by Amazon.

I think the person Pushka spoke with at Amazon may have thought an individual was selling a personal Kindle on eBay, that's why they said they had no control over the price.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:51 AM   #26
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Why do we even discuss this ... It is a CON of course it's a con ... You DON'T get something for nothing, if Kindles could be sold at $50 then Amazon would be BANKRUPT ... Well maybe not ! But seriously ... we ALL know it's a con ... Or we would all know the seller VERY WELL right ?
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 04:13 PM   #27
Pushka
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2960 View Post
Why do we even discuss this ... It is a CON of course it's a con ... You DON'T get something for nothing, if Kindles could be sold at $50 then Amazon would be BANKRUPT ... Well maybe not ! But seriously ... we ALL know it's a con ... Or we would all know the seller VERY WELL right ?
because the kindle is sold out Internationally and others are desperate to give one as a Christmas present and they might look at the feedback and think it is above board. And obviously posting this meant that people like Daffy heard about it and like me, contacted Amazon and eventually through numbers the site was pulled. I reckon that is a good outcome.

I have sold a few kindles on bay.com.au and such frauds really p€## me off so I also reported it to eBay. As did a couple of other on the Amazon forums (someone else posted the topic, not me). yes Daffy, I should have sent the actual link like you did.

I also contacted the person who gave the positive feedback about the kindle. I simply asked if he had received it. He sent me such an abusive email back, full of evil language and threatened to tell ebay I was harassing him if I contacted them again. They were from the States and had been a member since October 2010. I kept the email in my ebay inbox for future reference. Interesting.

Last edited by Pushka; 11-21-2010 at 04:17 PM.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:15 PM   #28
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblem View Post
Paypal only allows 30 days to file a complaint including weekends..... so it sounds like they are trying to push it past that time frame
Ah. Didn't know it was only 30 days. Sneaky of the scammer. I'm sure some of the purchasers would have been caught out by this. I would have as I didn't know it was only 30 days.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 04:16 PM   #29
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by enkov View Post
But all hopes, plans for a Christmas gift and so on will gone. Sad but true.
Yeah. It is a shame but at least they should get all their money refunded with no problems and it is still fairly early so they can investigate other options. Getting a Kindle for Christmas might be difficult but a preordered Kindle for after Christmas is still better than wasting the money and not getting anything.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 06:00 PM   #30
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
because the kindle is sold out Internationally and others are desperate to give one as a Christmas present and they might look at the feedback and think it is above board. And obviously posting this meant that people like Daffy heard about it and like me, contacted Amazon and eventually through numbers the site was pulled. I reckon that is a good outcome.

I have sold a few kindles on bay.com.au and such frauds really p€## me off so I also reported it to eBay. As did a couple of other on the Amazon forums (someone else posted the topic, not me). yes Daffy, I should have sent the actual link like you did.

I also contacted the person who gave the positive feedback about the kindle. I simply asked if he had received it. He sent me such an abusive email back, full of evil language and threatened to tell ebay I was harassing him if I contacted them again. They were from the States and had been a member since October 2010. I kept the email in my ebay inbox for future reference. Interesting.

Yes, But there is selling, and selling at an obvious CON price, especially on something so relatively new in the market !

Not all sellers are BOYSCOUT'S ..... unfortunately
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote