Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 03-27-2010, 10:55 PM   #1
sdspieg
Connoisseur
sdspieg began at the beginning.

Device: Nook, Kindle 3
Application sync (in process com.bravo.sync) is not responding

Has anybody received this error? I now finally have (part of) my ebook library in Calibre, and when I transfer the books to my nook, Calibre seems to be doing everything right. But when I then fire up my nook, I only see the the books I bought from B&N, and My Documents is identical to My B&N Library. Does anybody know what went wrong? Thanks,

-Stephan
sdspieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:09 AM   #2
Schmots
Connoisseur
Schmots began at the beginning.

Device: nook, prs-505, iphone
after side loading and using a softroot you need to do a scan folders.
Schmots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 12:23 PM   #3
sdspieg
Connoisseur

Thanks. Doesn't it do that automatically? And if not - how do I do that?

-Stephan
Old 03-28-2010, 06:25 PM   #4
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdspieg View Post
Thanks. Doesn't it do that automatically? And if not - how do I do that?

-Stephan
You do it from within the menu.
Switch to your folder (not the B&N one, but your sideloaded one).
Meaning "my documents" instead of "my library".
In the menu, you find "check for new content" (or something like that, don't have nook with me right now). Activate that and wait for nook to finish. Can take a while, up to a few minutes.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 07:00 PM   #5
sdspieg
Connoisseur

Sigh. I don't know what it is with my books. Does Nook have the same problem with pdf-files that Calibre apparently does (where I had to disable the pdf-metadata function to avoid having to wait hours for the processing to finish)?

I tried to do what you suggested, and waited over an hour. Still 'checking for new items'. I then downgraded to 1.0 .0 and then re-upgraded to the rooted 1.2.0. Copied my library from Calibre to my Nook (38 minutes for 163 books). Didn't give any error messages. I also all the books in my file manager in the My Documents folder on the nook. But when I now go into ' My library' on my nook, it starts 'checking for New items' for about 10 seconds and then returns to the wallpaper and the home screen on the lcd. I can try it over and over again - always the same result. Any ideas what is going wrong here?

-Stephan
Old 03-29-2010, 08:41 AM   #6
Schmots
Connoisseur
Schmots began at the beginning.

Device: nook, prs-505, iphone
unfortunately, PDFs really aren't so good on ebook readers. They are amusing a larger screen space than a reader gives them and often don't look right, even when the do work.
Schmots is offline   Reply With Quote