Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-21-2014, 02:13 PM   #1
Eugenie
Enthusiast
Eugenie began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader Touch edition PRS-650
Question Where does calibre store plug-ins on computer?

Can someone tell me where calibre stores user-installed plug-ins?
Eugenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 02:47 PM   #2
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The Mac analog to Windows' "C:\Users\UserNameHere\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plu gins". You could also just search for *.zip .
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 02:58 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugenie View Post

Can someone tell me where calibre stores user-installed plug-ins?
In the Configuration folder,
: sub directory Plugins

Preferences: Misc... : click the 'Open calibre configuration directory'
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 03:42 PM   #4
Eugenie
Enthusiast

Thank you, theducks, you (and eschwartz in another forum) have provided the easy answer for Mac users: Open calibre, from menu go to Preferences > Miscellaneous > Open calibre configuration directory. From there, go to folder plugins.

P.S. I didn't realize eschwartz had already provided the info in another forum. You mobileread participants surprise me with your fast replies.
Old 09-21-2014, 04:10 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugenie View Post
Thank you, theducks, you (and eschwartz in another forum) have provided the easy answer for Mac users: Open calibre, from menu go to Preferences > Miscellaneous > Open calibre configuration directory. From there, go to folder plugins.

P.S. I didn't realize eschwartz had already provided the info in another forum. You mobileread participants surprise me with your fast replies.
Please don't cross post the same question.
If you think it is the wrong forum: Please ask (PM) a MOD to MOVE the question and not start another thread with the same.

Answers may take time. None of us are paid to be here. Please give it a time to settle. More than likely, someone will come by that knows the answer.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 05:54 PM   #6
Eugenie
Enthusiast

Will do.

Quote:
Answers may take time. None of us are paid to be here. Please give it a time to settle. More than likely, someone will come by that knows the answer.
Guilty. I asked this question in another forum as a "by the way..." It was part of a longer post (and an ongoing thread), and I thought it would get lost in the shuffle over there. I sure was wrong.

Answers may take time, you say? I wish all support forums took your kind of time. I'm getting replies to my posts within minutes. I thought that after the first few replies, my original thread would be considered "solved" and forgotten; but I see I needn't have worried about that.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:02 PM   #7
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Yep, I move fast. (When I am subscribed to the thread at least.)

FWIW, we will almost definitely answer any question in the original thread, but sometimes we need a little time.

Sometimes we don't.

Threads *never* die. Sometimes to the consternation of the owner.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 02:14 PM   #8
lbutlr
Enthusiast
lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: iPhone
DELETE: Sorry, I don’t know what the other thread is, but the actual path does not seem to be posted in this thread. Calibre is crashing on launch so I cannot use Claibre to open the right folder and I want to remove the plugins to see if one of them is the issue. Where are they on a Big Sur Mac? There are two folders in ~/Library/Application Support/, one named calibre and one named calibre-ebook.com. Neither appears to have plugins. DELETE

I found it after much scouring in ~/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins

Last edited by lbutlr; 12-01-2020 at 02:32 PM.
lbutlr is offline   Reply With Quote