Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-22-2013, 10:41 PM   #1
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
New to Audible: Library question

As the thread title suggests I am very new to Audible. I have two titles in my library, both of them were free, one of them is from last year. I finally logged in today, thinking that having these two books on my mp3-player for my upcoming business trip would be nice. Both books are there, so far so good. What confuses me is that when I tell the website to show me everything in my library it says "1 - 3 of 3 results" at the top and bottom.

What is this invisible third item, and how do I get to it?
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:16 PM   #2
DuaneAA
Connoisseur
DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 & Kindle Fire HDX
I've been using Audible for several years. My guess is the third item is a four minute file called 'Your First Listen'. Or at least that is the first file in my library. Probably not worth pursuing.

Duane
DuaneAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:21 PM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I also think that extra invisible one is the "Your First Listen (Digital Audiobook)
Audible, Inc." ??

I was curious if mine would be the same, so logged into my Audible account.

I have 1-12 of 12 results at Audible.

Then it shows 94 items at Amazon under my Audible Audiobooks ??

I wonder why it shows more at Amazon?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:25 PM   #4
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That definitely would not be worth my time. Thanks!
Old 10-22-2013, 11:30 PM   #5
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I wonder why it shows more at Amazon?
Maybe it shows the ones you have an eBook for already? My audible library has something called "ebook companion" that supposedly syncs between audio and eBook if you switch it on.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:18 AM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuaneAA View Post
I've been using Audible for several years. My guess is the third item is a four minute file called 'Your First Listen'. Or at least that is the first file in my library. Probably not worth pursuing.

Duane
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I also think that extra invisible one is the "Your First Listen (Digital Audiobook)
This ^
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:22 AM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
Maybe it shows the ones you have an eBook for already? My audible library has something called "ebook companion" that supposedly syncs between audio and eBook if you switch it on.
That feature is called Whispersync for Voice and it's a great way to get reduced pricing for Audible books. Check this thread - Current Audiobook Specials - for lots of deals on audiobooks.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:33 PM   #8
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post

What is this invisible third item, and how do I get to it?
The default option when you log on and look at your library is to view items purchased during the last six months. Try changing it to "all time."
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:36 PM   #9
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
The default option when you log on and look at your library is to view items purchased during the last six months. Try changing it to "all time."
There are also some anomalies in the respective counts because while most Audiobook items in the MYK list (and Audible library) are represented by a single item, larger audiobooks (>40 hours or so) are split into parts (because Kindles have such limited storage).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:14 PM   #10
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
There are also some anomalies in the respective counts because while most Audiobook items in the MYK list (and Audible library) are represented by a single item, larger audiobooks (>40 hours or so) are split into parts (because Kindles have such limited storage).
Yes to the above. Audible counts the parts not just the book.

I just checked my library at Audible for the last 60 days. The page says there are 21 results. When I count the actual number of books, it's only 15. I do, however, have 5 books that have 2-3 parts thus making the total of 21 items.
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #11
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
I did. Still shows two books and "1-3 out of 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawasteele
I do, however, have 5 books that have 2-3 parts thus making the total of 21 items.
Oh, that could be it! That would make sense.