Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-20-2013, 11:06 PM   #571
zeroxia
zeroxia began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
@knc1 @NiLuJe @ixtab Thank you all for the replies, esp. @knc1 for a comprehensive explanation!

My device's serial is:
B024 1604 3263 XXXX

For the hack's UI messages, English is okay. I just want to hack the device to tweak fonts for better Chinese rendering.

After jailbreaking, I can use the USBNetwork patch from this @NiLuJe's thread, right?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186645
zeroxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:13 AM   #572
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroxia View Post
My device's serial is:
B024 1604 3263 XXXX
B024 is supported, in fact, it is the original Paperwhite model that was released by Amazon.

Ref: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers

I was asking because someday Amazon may release a Kindle model specific to your country.
You will notice in the above list that the B01E, B021 and B022 models have not been seen in the hands of end-users (yet).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2013, 03:53 AM   #573
kacper
kacper began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Screenserver doesn't work

Hi!
I updated my Kindle to 5.3.5, installed kpw_jb, kindle-python-0.6.N and kindle-linkss-0.12.N.
When i add file cover it dosen't work.

Thanks for help
kacper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:58 AM   #574
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
@Kacper:
This thread is about the jailbreak, not the screensaver hack.

Please post in the correct thread.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:02 AM   #575
kacper
kacper began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Sorry for my mistake
kacper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2013, 02:07 PM   #576
apatel
apatel began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
I have a question. I have a kindle paperwhite which I cannot register and so I cannot get past the register your kindle screen. How do I deal with this problem because if I cannot see the jailbreaking file I cannot hack my device.
Please help....
apatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:11 PM   #577
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apatel View Post
I have a question. I have a kindle paperwhite which I cannot register and so I cannot get past the register your kindle screen. How do I deal with this problem because if I cannot see the jailbreaking file I cannot hack my device.
Please help....
Follow the "register later" path in the Amazon firmware.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:57 AM   #578
bookworm65
bookworm65 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW1, Voyage
Okay, probably dumb question. Apart from the Fonts hack, what will Jailbreaking add to my Kindle paperwhite, using 5.3.6 version of Amazon's firmware. If it can change the margin then I'm in.
bookworm65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:26 AM   #579
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookworm65 View Post
Okay, probably dumb question. Apart from the Fonts hack, what will Jailbreaking add to my Kindle paperwhite, using 5.3.6 version of Amazon's firmware.
Nearly everything on this site requires the device Jailbreak.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookworm65 View Post
If it can change the margin then I'm in.
Lots of things here for munging the margins.

See if filtering this topic index by 'K5' helps you find things.
and/or
Try the master prefix index linked too in that sticky at the top of the index.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:26 AM   #580
nypaulie
Gātheist
nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, FireHD6 Gen4
Newest PW release.

Do we think we can Jailbreak the new PW being released on the 30th with our current files? I'm hoping that there won't be a problem using an "older" upgrade on this new equipment to prepare it. Anyone have any thoughts about this? I should be getting mine 10-1-13 and I'm anxious to see if we can get Kindle Explorer and kterm running on it.
nypaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:35 AM   #581
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by nypaulie View Post
Do we think we can Jailbreak the new PW being released on the 30th with our current files?
Impossible to answer at this point.
Quote:
I'm hoping that there won't be a problem using an "older" upgrade on this new equipment to prepare it.
It would be nice if Amazon ends the war against end-user modifications.
But I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.
Quote:
Anyone have any thoughts about this?
Probably a waste of time to speculate.
Quote:
I should be getting mine 10-1-13 and I'm anxious to see if we can get Kindle Explorer and kterm running on it.
The very first thing to do would be to take it apart and post a good set of tear-down directions with really, really good 'macro' shots of the components.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:02 AM   #582
nypaulie
Gātheist
nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, FireHD6 Gen4
So knc1, how long did it just take you to post your "response"? Talk about wasting time!!!
nypaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:09 AM   #583
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
So knc1, how long did it just take you to post your "response"? Talk about wasting time!!!
????
You asked the questions, not I.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:53 AM   #584
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Not totally impossible, but rather unlikely IMO. Just try it.

If it doesn't work, I fear that you will have to wait for a long time - possibly forever - before the PW2 can be unlocked. Lab126 does everything they can to screw us over.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:36 PM   #585
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many..
i bought my paperwhite (v1) in end of june 2013.. my first kindle.. by that time it had been well and truly "tamed"..
so.. maybe this time round..?
nasser is offline   Reply With Quote