Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-25-2013, 06:45 PM   #151
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Congrats, Sparklemotion!!! So happy you got a good one!!

Persistence is everything! I was stupid not to ask Andrew to follow up and, instead, to just suck it up and settle for the least horrible units, especially since I purchased three!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
I'm actually a bit shocked at just how much better it looks! It's funny when you compare them side by side how much more obvious it all becomes.
Could you post a picture of them side by side?
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:13 PM   #152
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Happy for you, sparklemotion!

I have one with a pinkish hue too. Now that the PW is officially sold in my country, I think I can try for a replacement and finally get one. But then again, I've been living with it and it doesn't seem to bother me anymore and I'd risk getting a version that could be worse. I have a feeling I'm stuck with my Paperpink for a while
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:04 PM   #153
Corran006
Connoisseur
Corran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle 3
This sounds like too much trouble to play kindle lotto, I think I am just going to stick with my kindle keyboard and wait for the next generation. Kinda disappointing since I really would have liked to buy this one. *sigh*
Corran006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:04 AM   #154
arad26
Zealot
arad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: PW2
I've got a kindle paperwhite from batch 602 and it is perfect. I think the majority of people are happy with their kindles.
arad26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:17 AM   #155
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I just have to clarify that despite the "defect", I'm still happier with the PW than I would be with (my old) Touch and a separate light. Having the light built-in is such a big convenience -- the benefits far outweigh the disadvantages with my particular PW.

(mine is from batch 501 btw)
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:51 AM   #156
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Just got my PW. Well, this is definitely the best one I have had so far. It still has very faint color hue issues though. I remain convinced I would see this on all of them. I have to strain to really see them on this one, but I can tell they are they when the light is up very bright.
Glad to hear you finally got one you are happy with. Regards the faint colour hues though, are you saying you can only see them faintly when the light is up very bright in a dark room, or in normal light? If it's only when in a dark room, I think it's fair to say Amazon have fixed the issue as you'll never be able to spot them under normal usage.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:15 AM   #157
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
Glad to hear you finally got one you are happy with. Regards the faint colour hues though, are you saying you can only see them faintly when the light is up very bright in a dark room, or in normal light? If it's only when in a dark room, I think it's fair to say Amazon have fixed the issue as you'll never be able to spot them under normal usage.
It's not only in a dark room, no. I can see them very faintly whenever the light is up high. I cannot see them when the light is at lower levels.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:58 PM   #158
Andrea.
Andrea. makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneAndrea. makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneAndrea. makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneAndrea. makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneAndrea. makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneAndrea. makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneAndrea. makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneAndrea. makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneAndrea. makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneAndrea. makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneAndrea. makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Congrats sparklemotion
Got a nice one as well, batch 603.
Andrea. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:42 AM   #159
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I'm waiting for my Kindle PW to arrive this week. I don't know why I was stupid enough to read most of this thread beforehand. Now I'm totally stressed.

I'm just hoping that they got as many improvements in there as possible for the International versions. I don't think I have the patience to play such a long game of cat and mouse with Amazon from Australia.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:47 AM   #160
Woekie
Woekie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
I'm waiting for my Kindle PW to arrive this week. I don't know why I was stupid enough to read most of this thread beforehand. Now I'm totally stressed.

I'm just hoping that they got as many improvements in there as possible for the International versions. I don't think I have the patience to play such a long game of cat and mouse with Amazon from Australia.
Don't worry.
The vast majority of the PW owners are very happy with them. You're prepared for the worst now, so there is a huge chance you will only be pleasantly surprised. I know I was
Woekie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:06 AM   #161
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woekie View Post
Don't worry.
The vast majority of the PW owners are very happy with them. You're prepared for the worst now, so there is a huge chance you will only be pleasantly surprised. I know I was
Agreed, and it has to do with the fact that people are more or less color sensitive. There are tons of people on here who post pictures of what they consider great screens, that look all blue/green and pink to me and others, so what that means is that if you don't get a perfect screen, you may never even know. Ignorance is bliss in this case.

Caleb72, can you post a picture once you get it? Make sure to invite/uninvite color blotch comments: these days, most of us with color sensitive eyes are refraining from commenting on the existance of color blotches unless asked specifically to do so.

Last edited by xendula; 01-28-2013 at 05:44 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:32 PM   #162
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Right, I've decided to take the plunge and I've ordered one even though I'm one of those colour-sensitive people. However, Amazon will only get one chance at sending me a good one - any colour blotches or anything else wrong with the screen that I can see and it will go straight back for a refund, I won't bother with an exchange.
And I am still not quite sure that I can live with the shrunk storage
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:37 PM   #163
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Good luck, Yolina! I hope you get a good one, keep us posted!
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:45 PM   #164
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Thanks...fingers crossed and all that!
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:46 PM   #165
xendula
eBookworm

Yolina, in that case, you may want to only power it on and off again if it sucks. Once I saw the user interface, I was hooked, so I kept exchanging and hoping for a better screen. It's dangerous