Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-19-2011, 05:52 AM   #46
proDOOMman
Enthusiast
proDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3
Please, do now use this! In new hack date autofixer is included!
For everyone who has "..title have an invalid date" bug.
You may fix it by two ways:
1) install usbnetwork hack and execute two commands via ssh:
# date MMDDhhmmCCYY.ss
where MM — month, DD — day, hh — hours, mm — minutes, CCYY — 4 digits of year, ss — seconds
For example date 051900592011.30 sets your date into 19 May 2011, 00:59:30 (you can change time later in settings)
After that set system clock to this date:
# hwclock -w
2) by launchpad hack
The same here. Set any keyboard combination to exec command date 051900592011.30 && hwclock -w, update launchpad settings (Shift+Shift+Space) type combinations, be happy. Example

Last edited by proDOOMman; 05-27-2011 at 03:54 AM.
proDOOMman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:00 AM   #47
Zdensk
Zdensk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.T. View Post
proDOOMman: Thank you so much .. it really works ...

(tips for all people, who will add "update_dev-key" to the whitelist file - order isn´t important, but after line "update_dev-key" must be "ENTER" ... I had all lines on the same level, but it doesn´t works ...)
Hello. I have the same problem as you. When I tried install or uninstall developer-keystore-installer (whitelist was edited) I received message "Update not succesful" and in the left corner of scren shows "U007". I have Kindle only with WIFI fw 3.1, and use update_dev-key_0.3.N_k3w_install.bin
How di you resolve the problem?
Zdensk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:20 AM   #48
proDOOMman
Enthusiast
proDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheese

Code of your problem U007 (ERR_SIGNATURE_FAILED) means that you have not jailbreak installed or you white list does not contains "update_dev-key" string
Old 05-19-2011, 03:18 PM   #49
Zdensk

Quote:
Originally Posted by proDOOMman View Post
Code of your problem U007 (ERR_SIGNATURE_FAILED) means that you have not jailbreak installed or you white list does not contains "update_dev-key" string
thanks. The but at first I installed jailbreak update_jailbreak_0.6.N_k3w_install.bin
How can I reinstall the jaibreak? Is it necessary uninstall and then install again? Or run update_jailbreak_0.6.N_k3w_install.bin
Old 05-19-2011, 03:40 PM   #50
proDOOMman
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zdensk View Post
thanks. The but at first I installed jailbreak update_jailbreak_0.6.N_k3w_install.bin
How can I reinstall the jaibreak? Is it necessary uninstall and then install again? Or run update_jailbreak_0.6.N_k3w_install.bin
Try to uninstall jailbreak 0.6 and install new 0.7 version. It already has correct whitelist
Old 05-20-2011, 03:25 AM   #51
Zdensk

Quote:
Originally Posted by proDOOMman View Post
Try to uninstall jailbreak 0.6 and install new 0.7 version. It already has correct whitelist
Thank you very much. I made as you write and now is all OK.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:35 AM   #52
kinkle
Connoisseur
kinkle began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3 3g and KT 3G
question

Thanks verry much proDOOMman !

I get kindle 3 3g (B006) this week and I instal now jailbreak 0.7 and after that KindleNote I instal the bin file with prefix k3gb both with jailbreak 0.7 and KindleNote. It is corect or I need files without "b" ? If not , how to uninstal this aplications ? It update succesfuly anyway and it work !
kinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:44 AM   #53
proDOOMman
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkle View Post
It update succesfuly anyway and it work !
If all works fine you don't need to reinstall anything
All versions has the same files. Difference is only in installer
Old 05-27-2011, 03:57 AM   #54
proDOOMman
Enthusiast

For everyone who has "..title have an invalid date" bug.
New hack (v0.4) has automatic date fixer. If date on Kindle is too old, it will be set to 1 Jan 2013
If KindleNote already works on your device, update is not needed
Old 05-27-2011, 09:31 PM   #55
lifer109
lifer109 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle keyboard and now Nook HD+
Ok, got it to work..... First fail due to not editing whitelist. Once I did that and added the file to the end of the list and moved update_dev-key_0.4.N file back to the root directory then update again, everything then worked. Guys hit the Menu to get instructions on use. That was a bit cryptic. But what the heck! Looks like a great program. THANK YOU!
lifer109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:57 PM   #56
pimpoum
Enthusiast
pimpoum began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi,

How could I launch this app with launchpad?
pimpoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:33 AM   #57
proDOOMman
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpoum View Post
Hi,
How could I launch this app with launchpad?
You can't launch this app with launchpad
Old 07-25-2011, 09:26 PM   #58
evenblan
evenblan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 - White
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.T. View Post
Hi, I have a problem. I have tried to install this, but when I try to open Notepad, it shows me, that it can´t run because of some testing of aplication .... so I tried to unnistal developer-keystore-installer-0.2 a install it again, but it shows me error (firstly i don´t watch it, so i don´t know, if this error showed me during first attempt) and restart. Could you help me? TY ...
Me too...
evenblan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:15 PM   #59
DonalDuck
The Changer
DonalDuck has learned how to read e-booksDonalDuck has learned how to read e-booksDonalDuck has learned how to read e-booksDonalDuck has learned how to read e-booksDonalDuck has learned how to read e-booksDonalDuck has learned how to read e-booksDonalDuck has learned how to read e-books

Device: None
This is just awesome!
Great Work!
DD
DonalDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:22 AM   #60
allencom
allencom began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
MY FW is 3.2.1, I install the KindleNote, but it comes "An error occurred opening the title" when i run it.

BTW: no directory "linkjail" in my kindle after jailbreaking.
allencom is offline   Reply With Quote