Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-06-2011, 04:31 PM   #16
review
Addict
review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.

Device: 903
Huh, I think the problem is solved. I thought that there is one 2.0.4 version of January. However, my version is NOT 20110106_160908 but 20110120_182526.
That's interesting. So there is one December version and two January versions of 2.0.4.

So I suspect that you probably don't have the european version of the January version. Is this possibly the case? Where did you get your firmware from?

You could do me a favour and run this script:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...24&postcount=3
This will copy two system files to the internal memory (review-1 and review-2). Could you please upload those two files? Then I will apply the patch for those files and we might have solved the problem for all non european firmwares as well.

(by the way, there is also an application called poterm, a terminal which will directly run on the ebook but unfortunately you won't have all keys and symbols available. That's why I developed rsh.. plus it is so many times quicker to do things straight from the PC rather than on the pocketbook).
Thanks.

Last edited by review; 02-06-2011 at 04:34 PM.
review is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:55 AM   #17
nausica
Connoisseur
nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Energy Reader Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by review View Post
Huh, I think the problem is solved. I thought that there is one 2.0.4 version of January. However, my version is NOT 20110106_160908 but 20110120_182526.
That's interesting. So there is one December version and two January versions of 2.0.4.

So I suspect that you probably don't have the european version of the January version. Is this possibly the case? Where did you get your firmware from?
Hi,
I have that January version and it's the european. I tried to install your app for new(January) version but it didn't work, installing app for December version it work greatly.
nausica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2011, 03:02 AM   #18
atango
Enthusiast
atango began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 902pro
Hi review,

good job!
I like to ask one thing, in PB902, I can open preference menu of midori, but I cannot modify pulldown menu.

The main menu pull-down is still there when I click OK once. But the sub-menus in preference disappears once I let go OK.

For instance, if I want to change the font, I need to keep pushing ok button. Otherwise, the selections of font menu will disappear.
But I cannot move cursor while I am pushing ok button.

Anyway, I even don't know whether I can use custom fonts I put in /system/fonts directory in midori.
atango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:25 AM   #19
review
Addict
review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.

Hi atango,
thank you for the feedback. Unfortunately it seems that this problem you describe is related to the 902 / 602 series but I don't have that model at hand for testing. Accordingly I can't really reproduce your problem on my 903 and don't fully understand the problem.
Sorry for that.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:44 PM   #20
atango
Enthusiast

Quote:
Hi atango,
thank you for the feedback. Unfortunately it seems that this problem you describe is related to the 902 / 602 series but I don't have that model at hand for testing. Accordingly I can't really reproduce your problem on my 903 and don't fully understand the problem.
Sorry for that.
Hmm, strange, I thought 90x has the same spec except stylus pen input.

Anyway, have you tried to change the default font (Sans and monospace) to custom font in midori webbrowser?
Advert
Old 02-10-2011, 08:13 AM   #21
review
Addict

Yes, they have similar specs but the browser is known to significantly differ on the devices. Or it might be me, but I couldn't really reproduce your problem. Also, the sources of the browser have not been released as of now, which means that it is impossible to make major changes to the software. Fortunately some of the improvements (saving of config file) could be accomplished by a modified starter script. The improvement of the useragent has been made directly in the binary .. that's why you have to download different files for your firmware.
Hope this makes it a bit clearer.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:13 AM   #22
nel
nel began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook pro 602
Hi there,

1.what do you mean by "place" the webbrowser-ff.app somewhere?
2. I see that there is a MIDORI folder containing files: config, cookies, history, session.old.xbel, session.xbel.

3. where do I find this software? YOur post mentioned "attached is a new version of the webbrowser" but I don't know where to look (I'm new here)

4. it says "Also if you look into the webbrowser-ff.app file you will se the lines in the shell script which create the new config file on each startup. You want one other line in your config file. Place it in that script! I haven't the foggiest notions what this means, could you spell it out for me, step by step.

5. Ah.............. I now note that attachement (file) was removed any idea where I'll find that?

Thank you for your patience and trouble.
Nel
nel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:47 AM   #23
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Hi Nel,

Quote:
Originally Posted by nel View Post
Hi there,

1.what do you mean by "place" the webbrowser-ff.app somewhere?
just copy it on your device (and rememebr where you will have to click it to launch it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nel View Post
Hi there,
3. where do I find this software? YOur post mentioned "attached is a new version of the webbrowser" but I don't know where to look (I'm new here)
check message 10 above: you will find additional installation instructions there.

Welcome to the forum!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:04 AM   #24
nenuco
nenuco began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook903
For review:

Good job,My congratulations, you are really great

Last edited by nenuco; 02-21-2011 at 06:07 AM.
nenuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:09 PM   #25
doublezed
doublezed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.doublezed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.doublezed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.doublezed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Leggo IBS - a.k.a. PocketBook 603
Hi there, really good job, man. I got my PB603 (Sold with the name of "Leggo" here in Italy) and i just replaced the default midori browser: worked like a charm!
Just a question: the browser is unable to rotate and to zoom in/out, is it a midori limitation or is just this modded version?
doublezed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:27 PM   #26
review
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublezed View Post
Hi there, really good job, man. I got my PB603 (Sold with the name of "Leggo" here in Italy) and i just replaced the default midori browser: worked like a charm!
Just a question: the browser is unable to rotate and to zoom in/out, is it a midori limitation or is just this modded version?
it is a limitation of the current pocketbook implementation of midori. Once the source code is available we should be able to fix it within no time.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:01 AM   #27
atango
Enthusiast

Solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by atango View Post
Anyway, have you tried to change the default font (Sans and monospace) to custom font in midori webbrowser?
Hi, I just found out doublezed's tip (using custom fonts.conf file which add /mnt/ext1/system/fonts directory and forcing midori to use my Korean fonts in the directory) solved my font problem.

Now I can read Korean characters in midori browser of PB902.

I guess it work for any user fonts you can add to PB readers.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=124172

But there is one problem, it takes so long (about 5 to 10 min) to start the browser. Once it start, it works fine. Original midori starts without much delay.

Last edited by atango; 03-07-2011 at 12:21 AM.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:17 AM   #28
willyloco
Nameless Being

No downloads in enhanced webbrowser

Quote:
Well, I couldn't sleep well knowing that there are still bugs left in the midori version I've uploaded. Namely the most annoying "webbrowser reset" with each new start of midori (you know this annoying bug where the pocketbooks version forgets all your settings after you close the browser).

Well, the good news are: it is solved now.

Please download webbrowser-enhanced for your model (firmware independent) and place it somewhere on your device. This is the file you will use to start the browser. Then please download midori-enhanced for the firmware you use (either 2.0.4 of December or 2.0.4 of January. For this file it doesn't matter which model you have). However you have to place the file which is called midori-ff (which is stored in the midori-enhanced.. zip) into the system/bin folder. Just replace the file midori-ff file which might be there already from the previous update.
Also you have to download config-backup.zip and place this file in system/midori/ before you start the enhanced webbrowser for the first time.
(if you have already started webbrowser-enhanced without this file just see below for further instructions.. it is easy to fix .. )

Enjoy!
The original webbrowser works OK; I can download files to mnt/ext1.
In the enhanced webbrowser however, when I go through the preference menus to change the target directory for downloads, I can see the subdirectories in mnt/ .
Directories shown a.o. are ext1 and ext2 . Both are specified "unknown". So I am not able to do downloads in the enhanced browser.
What is the cause of this, how can I change to mnt/ext?
Old 03-21-2011, 03:53 PM   #29
review
Addict

Does anybody else have this problem?
Old 03-22-2011, 04:07 AM   #30
Microcox
Microcox began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Pro 903
Quote:
Does anybody else have this problem?
I think i have had a similar problem. I solved it by accessing the configuration file of the webbrowser from my computer and by changing the defaut place (choose any folder at the upper level, so that you will be able to navigate through your folders from midori).

Does it help?
Microcox is offline   Reply With Quote