Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-30-2010, 03:25 PM   #331
edge71
Enthusiast
edge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Inkpad3
My status was updated 'The shipment is being transported to the destination country' on Monday. Any news from this update and tomorrow 31 th of December.

I preorder 3th of October my PB603. I'm very angry with this situation, and I become to loss my patience

Waiting, waiting..... always waiting....
edge71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:35 PM   #332
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
This is annoying. I sent a message to PocketGoods to ask if he can contact DHL to ask about the shipment since the contact link on the page where I can see the tracking status wasn't working, and it looks like the phone numbers were for Germany only. He thought that I couldn't find the correct web page to track the shipment and sent me the link.

I asked him again to contact DHL as I also noticed after clicking on "Show detailed recipient information" that my address is incomplete, and I thought that that would be a problem. He replied that the address was correct in the shipment confirmation that he got so it shouldn't matter. He also suggested that I should contact the Romanian branch to ask about the shipment, but as the Romanian website doesn't recognize the tracking number there is no point of doing that. That might come from the fact that on the Romanian website you can only track express packages.

But the really annoying thing is that he said that I should just be patient because the shipment is premium and not express, and it will take 5-7 days to arrive. As 5 days would mean Saturday and 7 days would mean Monday there is little chance of that happening.

After that I looked around some more I found a different contact link, and while this one works, I haven't gotten a reply yet.

BTW from here:
Quote:
DHL PAKET International with Premium service take priority and are always transported to the destination country by the fastest means possible.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:46 PM   #333
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I found the problem as stated here (at the end of the 2.3 FAQ there is a link to download a pdf). It gives all the information on packages sent to different countries. The problem is the fact that shipment to many countries has no full Track and Trace which means:
Quote:
Tracking and tracing within Germany available for all destination countries. Not all shipment events are necessarily reported by destination countries.
Though it would have been preferable to have this information from PocketGoods. And also I would have liked to have some kind of confirmation that the shipment has actually left Germany.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:08 PM   #334
LoneTech
Zealot
LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.

Device: PocketBook Pro 903
With 'The shipment is being transported to the destination country' status, it probably has left Germany. I (in Sweden) could get tracking afterwards, but only after phoning the local post to get a new tracking number - they've specifically chosen not to make the existing number work in their tracking system. Also, note that this is going by mail, not DHL's parcel service.
LoneTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:39 PM   #335
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: yup!
@ Sil_liS: Usually the DHL tracking is very accurate. When delivering to a foreign country the least DHL Germany shows is the date and time when the shipment arrived at the destination depot.

So the least you should be able to see is when your reader arrives in Romania. From then on it really is up to the Romanian courier.
K-Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:01 PM   #336
Sil_liS
Wizard

The status of my shipment has gone this way:

27.12.10 06:42 Hours
DE

The instruction data for this shipment have been provided by the sender to DHL electronically
27.12.10 12:13 Hours
--

The shipment has been picked up
27.12.10 17:27 Hours
Bielefeld, DE

The international shipment has been processed in the parcel center of origin
28.12.10 00:37 Hours
Feucht, DE

The shipment is being transported to the destination country
28.12.10 00:37 Hours
Feucht, DE

The international shipment has been processed in the export parcel center

Next step The international shipment is being prepared for forwarding to the destination country

As I have no proof that that next step actually happened I feel that someone should tell me if the shipment is actually on it's way. And with 3 days since the last status update, it's easy to get concerned.