Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-02-2023, 07:58 AM   #1
domhenri
domhenri began at the beginning.

Device: Caliber
no available format - network problems?

I have been using calibre in Mac for a long time. Recently I subscribed to iCloud and store my Calibre folder in iCloud. Somehow, plenty of books in my library cannot be open (mainly PDFs) and the error message says there is no available format. The PDFs are still in my library but when I check in Calibre the book is shown as being in "iCloud" format, for which there is of course no available format. Any help on how to solve this problem?
domhenri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 08:58 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
You can only backup to local or Internet networked storage, but not use it directly. See the FAQ.
Calibre, like many single user applications needs files to be on local storage (which can include an external USB Mass storage mode or SCSI device).
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2023, 10:21 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
This is the relevant FAQ entry.

There is a very good chance that your library is now corrupted. After you copy it out of iCloud, try running both parts of Library / Library Maintenance / Check library.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 08:06 AM   #4
domhenri
domhenri began at the beginning.

Device: Caliber
Thanks. I removed the Caliber Library out of iCloud into the main disk, reset the location in Caliber, ran Library Maintenace, and it is all OK now. Solved!
The iCloud limitations are severe and will probably cancel my subscription.
domhenri is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
icloud