Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 01-11-2024, 02:38 PM   #1
athoresson
athoresson began at the beginning.

Device: none
Creating epubs from triaged RSS feeds – but only new articles, and one per epub

Hi!

I recently realized that it's possible to create epubs based on RSS feeds. This opens up a new workflow of mine.

In the RSS reader I use, I mark the articles I intend to read later with a star. Star-marked articles is available in a new feed that the RSS reader creates – which in turn can be piped to Calibre to create the epubs.

I've got the basics working, but there are two things that would make the experience even better. Problem is, I can't figuring out wether it is possible or not:
  1. All items in the feed is currently aggregated into one book. Is it possible to instead create one epub per item in the feed?
  2. My recipe doesn't keep track of what items already have been processed and included in a book. On each run, everything currently in the feed is baked into a new book. Can already used items be excluded somehow?

Thanks,
Anders
athoresson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 09:48 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
2. store the items in a file on disk somewhere in your recipe and read them on later runs

1. Have your recipe only process one feed item easily done by overriding the get_feeds() method in your recipe. Call the superclass method and the filter the returned list
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert