Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 11-15-2021, 11:06 PM   #1
kuzi
kuzi began at the beginning.

Device: none
Beat ebook reader for taking notes (optionally creating a custom dictionary per book)

Hi all! I'm looking to start reading a load of ebooks I have but have been putting off due to some features I haven't been able to find in an ebook reader.

My setup is currently Calibre server to manage all my books, and reading mostly on an Android phone.

My primary criteria is that it can take notes. Bonus points if it's easy, and I can make notes at specific sections of the book. Lastly, I'd like it to sync the notes from my reader to the server.

Second is an idea I had where sort of like a note, I can create custom dictionary entries for a book. For instance a character is introduced and maybe I can write some quick notes about them that I could refer to later by clicking on the name like any other word. This is less important if a reader has easy access to notes and that it's easy to read.

Third is syncing my reading position between devices.

I have tried doing some research on my second point, but couldn't find anything. Thanks for any assistance!
kuzi is offline   Reply With Quote