Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-21-2014, 05:01 PM   #1
mick777
mick777 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs t1
buttons not working as should

Hi,I am having a problem with one prs t1 sony readers.I bought 3 and other two
Are acting the way the should but the one I have problem with is not responding fully as dusigned when unplugged with charger.
When unplugged I can read any book I have but cant use the page back button as it goes to stand by but does not actually stays in stanby mode or sleep mode as right after it goes into sleep it reverse back to normal mode.Same goes for power button.
The other thing is when I press and hold I am asked if I want to shut down the reader
Which is perfectly ok but after that I cant turn it on unless I plugged in carger cable.

When plugged it behaves as it should but page back button still puts reader into
Sleep as it is plugged to charger it does not go back to normal mode and stays in sleep mode

I suspect it acts weird because when initially started and in the middle of entering settings
The battery was so low and drained that reader shut down itself.
I tried to install new update or did hard reset with sequance of page forward and exit button,but after prompted to enter all settings again ,nothing changed or solvedmy problem.

Now I tried rooting device and deleting batterystats.bin and also installin
Batterycalibration.apk and deleting batterystats.bin with this app and also right away pressing reset button on bottom of reader.
But nothing helpa so far.

Does anybody have any advice what else I can try.to solve this?

Thank you
mick777 is offline   Reply With Quote