Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 02-19-2008, 11:57 AM   #46
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
Oh, good!

The basic problem is the size of the dictionary and limitations of the site.

The largest file MobileRead can accept as an upload is 10MB. The dictionary is larger than that, even in a Zip file. (And it won't compress appreciably anyway -- it's already in a high compression format.)
The size limit for both zip and prc files on the site has now gone up to 15MB, so it would be possible to upload it as a single file, should you wish to do so. It got increased due to some of the extremely large illustrated Dickens books I uploaded .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:59 AM   #47
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You shouldn't have to do anything. I assume there's some "magic" which marks a Mobi book as a dictionary (?). With the (commercial) dictionary I use on my CyBook, all I hadto do was copy it to the SD card and it just "saw" it automatically as a dictionary.
That was what I thought, but wasn't sure. The default setting on the Palm viewer for the dictionary is "Auto". Being able to specify one appears intended for the case where you have more than one installed.

There apparently is some magic indication that a Mobi file is a dictionary, and if you only have one, Mobi will automatically use it.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:05 PM   #48
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The size limit for both zip and prc files on the site has now gone up to 15MB, so it would be possible to upload it as a single file, should you wish to do so. It got increased due to some of the extremely large illustrated Dickens books I uploaded .
Oh, good! If the original uploader doesn't do it, I'll send it up. Downloading and extracting multi-part archives is not an intuitive process for everyone.
______
Dennis
Old 02-19-2008, 10:28 PM   #49
jbenny
Addict
jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Tablet PC and Nokia N800
Dennis, I would appreciate it if you would upload the dictionary as a single file. My internet access is somewhat limited now and will be so for some time, so I can't upload it myself.

Thanks.

Edit: It's nice to see that people are finding this dictionary of use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
Oh, good! If the original uploader doesn't do it, I'll send it up. Downloading and extracting multi-part archives is not an intuitive process for everyone.
______
Dennis
jbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:59 AM   #50
DMcCunney
New York Editor

Dictionary, Webster's: Webster's Dictionary 1913, v1.1 20 Feb 08

Here is the complete Webster's 1913 dictionary, uploaded as a single 14MB PRC file. The prior post was done as a two part Zip archive to work around a forum limit of 10MB on uploads. That limit has been raised to 15MB so the work-around is no longer required.

Attachment moved by moderator to the first post of the thread

Reposted per request of original uploader JBenny.
______
Dennis
Old 02-20-2008, 04:01 AM   #51
DMcCunney
New York Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenny View Post
Dennis, I would appreciate it if you would upload the dictionary as a single file. My internet access is somewhat limited now and will be so for some time, so I can't upload it myself.
Done!

Quote:
Thanks.
You're quite welcome. I'm happy to help.

Quote:
Edit: It's nice to see that people are finding this dictionary of use.
Thank you for preparing it.
______
Dennis
Old 02-20-2008, 04:57 AM   #52
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've moved the attachment to the first post in the thread so that people will be able to find it more easily. Many thanks to Dennis for providing this single-file version - it'll make it a lot easier for people to use!
Old 02-21-2008, 03:15 PM   #53
carandol
Evangelist
carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook
Webster's is working nicely with mobi files on my iLiad!
carandol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 08:21 AM   #54
Lector
Lector began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
ThankS!

Harry thank you very much for the dictionary! How do you created in order that it works? We want a dictionary in Spanish ! Can we add a spanish dictionary?? ¿How?
Lector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 09:31 AM   #55
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I'm afraid you're asking the wrong person - I didn't create this dictionary.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:46 AM   #56
davidw89
Connoisseur
davidw89 began at the beginning.

Device: none atm
Is it possible to upload a .txt file format so that i can use it on my Sony PRS-505 Dictionary Reader using this program here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22320
davidw89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 11:09 AM   #57
irajkhan
irajkhan began at the beginning.

Device: ipod
thanks giving

hello
thank you for accepting me as a member
irajkhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:10 PM   #58
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Webster, Noah: Webster's Dictionary 1913 (updated), v2, 04 Nov 2008

While not Now specifically in Mobipocket dictionary format, this updated ebook can still be used as a dictionary.

Last edited by nrapallo; 03-03-2012 at 01:08 AM. Reason: my v2 .prc dictionary CAN be used as a Mobipocket look-up dictionary!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:14 AM   #59
Astraea
Astraea began at the beginning.

Device: mobireader
Thanks very much!
Astraea is offline   Reply With Quote