Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 03-22-2021, 12:38 PM   #1
erdos
Enthusiast
erdos began at the beginning.

Device: k4, Kobo Clara
Adobe Digital Editions 3.0 is not working

hi, I try to use Adobe Digital Editions 3.0 to download books I borrowed from Library Overdrive. but encountered error while trying to opening the downloaded .acsm files.

Is ADE 3.0 still working or I need to use latest 4.x version to download and read ebooks?
erdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 05:53 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
ADE 3.0 should work. I use ADE 2.0.1 and it's working. However, you could try ADE 2.0.1 with Overdrive as I know it does work.

https://www.adobe.com/support/digita...downloads.html
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 10:07 PM   #3
erdos
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
ADE 3.0 should work. I use ADE 2.0.1 and it's working. However, you could try ADE 2.0.1 with Overdrive as I know it does work.

https://www.adobe.com/support/digita...downloads.html
I tried with ADE 2.0.1 and got the same error when i tried to download the book, error says:
Digital Editions could not connect to the fulfillment server. Please make sure you are connected to the Internet

I have normal excess to the internet, no firewall, and tried with different browsers and all resulted same error.
Old 03-24-2021, 01:48 PM   #4
bookaho!ic
Evangelist
bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo Aura H20 2nd Ed
i use libbyapp which is the same back system i think as overdrive and i use Adobe 4.5.11 and no problems at all
bookaho!ic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 04:54 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdos View Post
I tried with ADE 2.0.1 and got the same error when i tried to download the book, error says:
Digital Editions could not connect to the fulfillment server. Please make sure you are connected to the Internet

I have normal excess to the internet, no firewall, and tried with different browsers and all resulted same error.
Try setting up a personal hotspot with your phone and see if that works with Overdrive.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 05:29 PM   #6
erdos
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Try setting up a personal hotspot with your phone and see if that works with Overdrive.
I tried with phone hotspot and got the same error - after ADE initially becomes unresponsive.

I'm using ADE on Windows Xp maybe that's the problem.
Old 03-25-2021, 06:05 PM   #7
lucretius
lucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad Mini 5
I had the same problem a while ago. The solution described here worked for me (remove authorization, then re-authorize): https://community.adobe.com/t5/digit...ed/m-p/5576347
Good luck!
lucretius is offline   Reply With Quote