Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-01-2016, 09:43 PM   #61
MegAnne
Enthusiast
MegAnne began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Fire HD 10
Sigh. Guess FictionDB decided to not make our life easier At, this point, if you could find a way to get those 1-3 letters code, I would happily use them. If not, I'm really grateful for tour hep
MegAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 10:38 PM   #62
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
What do you need the three letter codes for? They are a short-hand for the lists. The full length genre they map to is already being fetched.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 07:01 PM   #63
MegAnne
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
What do you need the three letter codes for? They are a short-hand for the lists. The full length genre they map to is already being fetched.
Because those codes give the "main" genre. Before FictionDB changed, there was only one Genre and that was perfect. Now, I get a bunch of Genres and becomes hard to figure out what the real Genre is. Exactly the same happens with Goodreads. So I've been using FantasticFiction but it does not have as many books as FictionDB has.
Old 02-08-2016, 07:21 AM   #64
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegAnne View Post
Because those codes give the "main" genre. Before FictionDB changed, there was only one Genre and that was perfect. Now, I get a bunch of Genres and becomes hard to figure out what the real Genre is. Exactly the same happens with Goodreads. So I've been using FantasticFiction but it does not have as many books as FictionDB has.
Sorry, but pulling an extra page for each book i going a bit farther than I want to at the moment. I am mainly interested in getting it working again, and I think it is.
Old 02-08-2016, 02:48 PM   #65
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
v1.0.10 released

Changes in this release
  • Site changes for search results page.

Thanks to davidfor for making the changes.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 12:37 PM   #66
MegAnne
Enthusiast

Quote:
Sorry, but pulling an extra page for each book i going a bit farther than I want to at the moment. I am mainly interested in getting it working again, and I think it is.
Oh I did not mean to ask for more, I'm quite happy with what you provided!
Old 01-30-2017, 04:15 PM   #67
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Share this Page

Titles are being returned as follows ({title}Share This Page)
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 04:16 PM   #68
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Enhancement idea,

Allow genre to go into assigned custom columns rather than default tags or nothing.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 06:26 PM   #69
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
Titles are being returned as follows ({title}Share This Page)
I'll have a look. But, can you post a book this happens to. That's just to make sure the book I try it on is not the only one that doesn't do this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
Enhancement idea,

Allow genre to go into assigned custom columns rather than default tags or nothing.
Sorry, can't do this. The metadata source plugins can only update the standard columns. They cannot change any custom columns.
Old 05-10-2018, 12:04 PM   #70
Rusecorbelia
Rusecorbelia began at the beginning.

Device: Android Phone and Kindle
Is this plugin still being supported? It's not working for me i.e. it has not picked up a single book in recent memory. I suspect something about the website has changed in the intervening years.

Here is the log for reference. For this purpose Fictiondb is the only metadata plugin I have running.

calibre, version 3.23.0
ERROR: No matches found: <p>Failed to find any books that match your search. Try making the search <b>less specific</b>. For example, use only the author's last name and a single distinctive word from the title.<p>To see the full log, click "Show details".

Running identify query with parameters:
{u'title': u'Affaire Royale', u'timeout': 30, u'authors': [u'Nora Roberts'], u'identifiers': {}}
Using plugins: FictionDB (1, 0, 10)
The log from individual plugins is below

****************************** FictionDB (1, 0, 10) ******************************
Found 0 results
Downloading from FictionDB took 5.80200004578
Querying: http://www.fictiondb.com/search/searchresults.php - srchtxt=multi&imprint=&styp=6&isbn=None&rating=-&title=Affaire+Royale&synopsis=&datepublished=&aut hor=Nora+Roberts&anthology=&pubgroup=
No matches found with query: u'http://www.fictiondb.com/search/searchresults.php' - 'srchtxt=multi&imprint=&styp=6&isbn=None&rating=-&title=Affaire+Royale&synopsis=&datepublished=&aut hor=Nora+Roberts&anthology=&pubgroup='

************************************************** ******************************
The identify phase took 5.81 seconds
The longest time (5.802000) was taken by: FictionDB
Merging results from different sources and finding earliest publication dates from the worldcat.org service
We have 0 merged results, merging took: 0.00 seconds
Rusecorbelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 09:09 PM   #71
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Unless the site a metadata source plugin disappears, these plugins are basically left alone until someone reports an problem. Then someone interested looks at it. I don't really use FictionDB, so I hadn't noticed a problem. If I get a chance, I'll look at it over the weekend. But, it looks like the search URL has changed. It might be enough to change the extension in the URL from "php" to "htm". If someone else wants to try, that's the place to start.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:49 PM   #72
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Beta - Change from HTTP POST to GET

Attached is a beta that seems to fix the plugin. The site seems to have changed how the search done, changing from HTTP POST to GET requests. I have done some testing and it seems to work. Please test and tell me how it goes.
Attached Files
File Type: zip FictionDB-beta.zip (15.3 KB, 393 views)
Old 05-21-2018, 06:26 AM   #73
Rusecorbelia

Quote:
Attached is a beta that seems to fix the plugin. The site seems to have changed how the search done, changing from HTTP POST to GET requests. I have done some testing and it seems to work. Please test and tell me how it goes.
I'm sorry it's taken so long to get back to you. I forgot to subscribe to the thread and was waiting for an email that wasn't coming.

Your beta works perfectly so far. I've only tested it on 20 odd books so far but have had no problems.

I used to use Fantastic Fiction and Fantastic Fiction Adult as my primary metadata sources but after some experimentation I've discovered that Fictiondb has a more comprehensive catalogue especially of lesser known and indie publications. It's genre and classification tags also suit my filing style better. I use goodreads for tracking things like rating and read status but it's too inconsistent for a primary metadata source.

Thank you so much for helping to support Kiwidude's very useful plugins.
Old 11-11-2018, 12:47 AM   #74
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

I have just released version 1.1.0 of the plugin. The changes in this release are:
  • New: Add id_from_url for pasting URL and getting an identifier
  • Fix: Change from HTTP POST to GET

The first item is for a change I made to the metadata editor that has been released in calibre version 3.34. When you press the button next to the identifiers field, if there is a URL in the clipboard, then it will attempt to get an identifier from the URL. That function needs support from the metadata source plugins.
Old 04-10-2019, 09:25 AM   #75
Rusecorbelia

Good Afternoon,

I've noticed the last few days that I'm not getting any returns from the fictiondb plugin, even when I seed the identifier. Here is the log. Could you have a look? I've add the log below.

calibre, version 3.40.1
ERROR: No matches found: <p>Failed to find any books that match your search. Try making the search <b>less specific</b>. For example, use only the author's last name and a single distinctive word from the title.<p>To see the full log, click "Show details".

Running identify query with parameters:
{u'authors': [u'Ally Blake'], u'identifiers': {}, u'title': u'Dating the Rebel Tycoon', u'timeout': 30}
Using plugins: FictionDB (1, 1, 0)
The log from individual plugins is below

****************************** FictionDB (1, 1, 0) ******************************
Found 0 results
Downloading from FictionDB took 7.43499994278
Querying: http://www.fictiondb.com/search/searchresults.php - anthology=&synopsis=&styp=6&title=Dating+the+Rebel +Tycoon&pubgroup=&rating=-&author=Ally+Blake&datepublished=&imprint=&srchtxt =multi&isbn=None
ISBN match location: 'https://www.fictiondb.com/author/ally-blake~dating-the-rebel-tycoon~257058~b.htm'
FictionDB book url: 'https://www.fictiondb.com/author/ally-blake~dating-the-rebel-tycoon~257058~b.htm'
Could not find title/authors/fictiondb id for 'https://www.fictiondb.com/author/ally-blake~dating-the-rebel-tycoon~257058~b.htm'
FictionDB: 'ally-blake~dating-the-rebel-tycoon~257058~b' Title: None Authors: None

************************************************** ******************************
The identify phase took 7.63 seconds
The longest time (7.435000) was taken by: FictionDB
Merging results from different sources
We have 0 merged results, merging took: 0.00 seconds