Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-07-2015, 02:15 PM   #1
cosmicbite
cosmicbite began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Question Wrong order of authors and books in series

Hello everyone,

I've been trying to organize my library and book series through the kobo interface and calibre.
In calibre I first used {author_sort}{series:| - | }{series_index:0>2s} on the metaplugboard but it appeared as LN, FN and I didn't like it [img1] so I changed it to {author}{series:| - | }{series_index:0>2s} and it appears as FN LN but the author order isn't correct, as you can see "Cabot" shows up before "Barbosa" [img2] (altough it still orders by the author's last name and the rest of the library seems to be ordered accurately).

And in both the options, the order of the series aren't correct.

Any solutions? Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	author_sort.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	740.4 KB
ID:	139089   Click image for larger version

Name:	author.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	697.8 KB
ID:	139090  
cosmicbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 08:37 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I don't know if you can achieve what you want. The author sort on a Kobo is trying to use knowledge of what name looks like to do the sort. It's been discussed before. Have a look at Sorting authors with space in last name to get some idea of what is happening.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, kobo, metaplugboard, order, series