Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 03-07-2020, 02:41 PM   #1
dquigley
dquigley began at the beginning.

Device: None
Question Mimetype file first help

I am getting a error that mimetype file needs to be first, i feel like ive been trying to fix that all day and ive been failing

Im using a android smartphone, i dont have pc

If you can take the attached zip and put the mimetype file first for me, much love

If you know how to do it from a android smartphone and would prefer to tell me much love

Thank you tech geniuses
Attached Files
File Type: zip Existence Hollowed Our Origins.zip (32.6 KB, 148 views)
dquigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 08:27 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You don't have a computer? This is not going to be an easy thing to do on a phone.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2020, 01:03 PM   #3
dquigley

Any help is much appreciated
Old 03-08-2020, 01:27 PM   #4
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dquigley View Post
Any help is much appreciated
  1. Send your book as an email attachment to friend with a PC.
  2. Ask them to install Calibre Editor (included in Calibre) or Sigil.
  3. Opening and saving the epub file with either program should fix the mimetype issue.
Alternatively, install an Android terminal app and learn how to manually add files to an epub. (You might have to root your Android phone and/or enable superuser mode.)

Last edited by Doitsu; 03-08-2020 at 01:30 PM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 01:31 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
  1. Send your book as an email attachment to friend with a PC.
  2. Ask them to install Calibre Editor (included in Calibre) or Sigil.
  3. Opening and saving the file with either program should fix the mimetype issue.
Alternatively, install an Android terminal app and learn how to manually add files to an epub. (You might have to root your Android phone and/or enable superuser mode.)
I would say forget the phone exists. It's going to be too much of a hassle and it may not work.

If you are going to edit eBooks, you need to go out and buy a computer. I suggest a computer that runs Windows 10.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2020, 02:33 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
See attached file.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Existence Hollowed Our Origins.epub (25.6 KB, 143 views)
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 02:45 PM   #7
dquigley

Omgosh i appreciate the help friends, have a good day

Much love