Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-28-2015, 01:26 AM   #1
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Best Cloud service for calibre

What's the best Cloud service to use with calibre?

I have 200-300 books that I would like to place in a cloud service, to make them able to edit in from devices other than my pc.

What would you recommend?
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 04:02 AM   #2
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper has become one with the cosmosDrChiper has become one with the cosmosDrChiper has become one with the cosmosDrChiper has become one with the cosmosDrChiper has become one with the cosmosDrChiper has become one with the cosmosDrChiper has become one with the cosmosDrChiper has become one with the cosmosDrChiper has become one with the cosmosDrChiper has become one with the cosmosDrChiper has become one with the cosmos

Device: pc, 600, t1, t2, t3, nexus 7, kobo aura 2, kobo clara HD, Pixel 3a
First I would recommend a reliable and fast connection to your Cloud.
2nd choose a cloud provider which has sufficient tools which are able to support your (unnamed) primary work system.

Just my 2cts
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2015, 07:34 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Tanjamuse - if you are just going to keep some ebook files there then any of the mainstream services should be OK. You'll need to careful about accessing and editing the same book from two devices concurrently otherwise you could lose edits.

But if its a calibre library you need to be even more careful - avoid Google Drive and don't access the same library from two devices concurrently.

If different people will be doing the editing then you'll need a business process that ensures people don't overwrite on one another's edits.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 03:10 PM   #4
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
I can't remember where I read this before, but it's probably best to remember to pause syncing during the edit process and enable it when you're ready
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote