Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-27-2020, 04:33 PM   #42661
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
Getting ready for a long day in a packed courtroom on Monday

My particular job is deemed essential because it is emergency in nature. So it will be me, a judge, a clerk, and 50-75 people in court on Monday in a room that has an occupancy limit of 80.
Why are there 50-75 people in there? Surely they're not all necessary?
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 05:21 PM   #42662
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
They are probably the plaintiffs, for differing cases? Still, one would hope they could be let in only as their case comes up.
badgoodDeb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 07:55 PM   #42663
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Cydric the cat has finished his antibiotics, I'm now having to syringe the food. He's getting more used to it, and likes being swaddled in a towel.

Right now I'm taking a break from cat nursing for a couple of hours. He'll need to be fed again soon. Cyd's doing a little better than expected, quite honestly I thought he'd have crossed the rainbow bridge by now. Keeping everything crossed that he'll recover.

I've run out of hot chocolate! Could do with one right now.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 08:21 PM   #42664
poohbear_nc
2020 Hindsight!
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Cydric the cat has finished his antibiotics, I'm now having to syringe the food. He's getting more used to it, and likes being swaddled in a towel.

Right now I'm taking a break from cat nursing for a couple of hours. He'll need to be fed again soon. Cyd's doing a little better than expected, quite honestly I thought he'd have crossed the rainbow bridge by now. Keeping everything crossed that he'll recover.

I've run out of hot chocolate! Could do with one right now.
Best of luck with Cyd! Cat nursing is exhausting ... done it enough myself ... if I could I'd send you an envelope of chocolate!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 09:56 PM   #42665
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Why are there 50-75 people in there? Surely they're not all necessary?
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
They are probably the plaintiffs, for differing cases? Still, one would hope they could be let in only as their case comes up.
There are 26 emergency domestic violence cases on the docket Monday. I represent 14 of them. That means, at minimum, there will be 52 parties (plaintiffs and defendants) plus any other attorneys, the judge, the clerks, the bailiffs and all the witnesses. And there is nowhere else to put them but the courtroom. The building is old and has narrow hallways. It would be even more dangerous out there.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 06:07 AM   #42666
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 4
Looking into getting an Audible subscription. Normally I like to listen to podcasts when doing things as cleaning or when I'm creative. But at the moment I can't find anything I can binge listen to that I'm in the mood for.

I already have more free time, I'm working less due to the virus. And I expect that we have to close our store for a while in the near future due to government regulations. So I have a lot of free time on my hands.

The biggest question is if I want to start my free month trial now or if I want to wait until a big shutdown. I'm tempted to get it now, although I think it would be wise to wait until a proper shutdown.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 01:07 PM   #42667
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
You can also just buy a book without a membership. And then wait for a free trial period. I tend to take a 2-3 month free trial, and buy a ton of books during that time. (Members pay 30% less than listed prices.) Then I cancel and wait 2 years before doing another membership.
badgoodDeb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 02:12 PM   #42668
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
You can also just buy a book without a membership. And then wait for a free trial period. I tend to take a 2-3 month free trial, and buy a ton of books during that time. (Members pay 30% less than listed prices.) Then I cancel and wait 2 years before doing another membership.
I signed up for the trial. I got Robert R. McCammon's Usher's Passing and two Audible Exclusives.

I was tempted to go for Stephen King's The Stand, since it's over 40 hours long and I've been thinking of rereading it for a while now. But with everything that's going on I don't think I would enjoy it very much.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 11:48 AM   #42669
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kin7; FHD6; SGT4; ClipZip; LG Trib; Echo Dot
Planning ways to spend the $1200 stimulus check I'll be getting soon. While the article only mentions 4 ways to spend the money, there's actually 5 ways to do so and I'm sure y'all will agree with #5

4 Smart Ways to Spend Your Stimulus Check

Quote:
You can use the money to help your family and your community.

A $2.2 trillion coronavirus stimulus/relief package was signed into law by President Trump last Friday, which, among other benefits, puts money in the pockets of most Americans.
Quote:
1. Pay down credit card debt
2. Set up an emergency fund
3. Invest it
4. Help the community
5. Help the monkey: Amazon Gifts Cards are quick and easy
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 04:18 PM   #42670
Greg Anos
Zealot
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Planning ways to spend the $1200 stimulus check I'll be getting soon. While the article only mentions 4 ways to spend the money, there's actually 5 ways to do so and I'm sure y'all will agree with #5

4 Smart Ways to Spend Your Stimulus Check

5. Help the monkey: Amazon Gifts Cards are quick and easy
I can send you my credit card bills. . .
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 04:51 PM   #42671
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kin7; FHD6; SGT4; ClipZip; LG Trib; Echo Dot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Anos View Post
...kinda figured I'd get responses like this
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 10:48 AM   #42672
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cleaning up last week's court files and getting ready for another busy day in court on Monday.
Old 04-02-2020, 04:50 AM   #42673
timebug
Ancient Sage
timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Just returned from a 'legally permitted' walk for exercise.
timebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 07:14 AM   #42674
cc_in_oh
Joker
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Anos View Post
I can chip in 6 rolls of virtual TP...
cc_in_oh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 03:33 PM   #42675
astrangerhere
Professor of Law

Doing file notes and cleaning up my cases from court this morning. The court is TRYING to keep people six feet apart by taping big Xs on the seats where folks should sit. Getting people to abide by it was like herding cats for the poor bailiffs this morning.

Luckily, only 11 cases today, so the number in the court was under 30.

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?