Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 03-18-2020, 02:57 PM   #1
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
page border

Stuck inside and bored. Nothing important or needed, just curious about this.

Is it possible to make a page border to, for example, put it around a title page, one made by the calibre Generate Cover plugin?

Simplest example would be a solid line. I tried this in the CSS:
Code:
.broider {
    border-width:  28px;
    border-style:  solid;
 }
With the html having 'body class="broider"'. On the Kobo that gave me a black border on the left, right, and top, but not the bottom.

This is what made me wonder if I could do it:
https://maxbittker.github.io/broider/

Which is referenced from:
https://css-tricks.com/how-to-make-r...border-images/

Last edited by hobnail; 03-18-2020 at 04:35 PM.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 04:39 PM   #2
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobnail View Post
Stuck inside and bored. Nothing important or needed, just curious about this.

Is it possible to make a page border to, for example, put it around a title page, one that is only text?

Simplest example would be a solid line. I tried this in the CSS:
Code:
.broider {
    border-width:  28px;
    border-style:  solid;
 }
With the html having 'body class="broider"'. On the Kobo that gave me a black border on the left, right, and top, but not the bottom.

This is what made me wonder if I could do it:
https://maxbittker.github.io/broider/

Which is referenced from:
https://css-tricks.com/how-to-make-r...border-images/
There are several ways to get what you want but in epub2 only works with ereaders based on WebKit. If you want to read the epub in RMSDK (ADE), then you are not lucky. Here you can see an epub3 chapter title with borders (colors are so you can watch better the layout; of course, this is only one way -there are others- to get the output you want) that looks ok in ADE:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.png
Views:	148
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	177807

Author's name is vertical aligned on top and Editor's name is vertical aligned on bottom (all others files are vertical-align: center). Of course, you can change the height of the rows as you wish.

If you convert the epub3 in epub2, you can see the same with ereaders based on webkit (your kobo for example, with the extension .kepub).

Regards
Rubén
Attached Files
File Type: epub Title page based on a table_epub3.epub (14.9 KB, 163 views)

Last edited by RbnJrg; 03-18-2020 at 04:47 PM.
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 05:44 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I have always had to specify a border-color (along with Width and style). I think RMSDK defaults to clear/white
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote