Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-02-2018, 03:44 AM   #16
mhueser
mhueser began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note, Kobo Aura H20
You can use different types of replacement nibs and the buttons can be used as an eraser.
mhueser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 01:23 PM   #17
rafail
Enthusiast
rafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolate

Device: Onyx Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard1sama View Post
I didn't recognized any differences on the deviation. On the borders it is a little bit off for both (even tried to callibrate, but didn't helped). That's why I think the sweet spot is the remarkable nib and the original stylus.
Thank you Alucard1sama. I'll try to command a set of nibbs from Remarkable.
rafail is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2018, 10:08 PM   #18
Alucard1sama
Alucard1sama began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafail View Post
Thank you Alucard1sama. I'll try to command a set of nibbs from Remarkable.
No problem Hope you enjoy as much as I do xD
Alucard1sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 01:36 PM   #19
Huda93
Huda93 began at the beginning.

Device: Remarkable tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard1sama View Post
Hi!

After some time I decided to get the Remarkable Marker and Nibs and the Staedtler Noris Digital. Both of them works fine on the Note device, but the remarkable one has a better feel to it. The Staedtler seems to have a rubber feel, and the remarkable has a better graphite feel. Since they implemented the side button of the note stylus to work, I switched the nib for a remarkable one. It seems to be the sweet spot between eraser function and nib feel.

Thanks for all the help!
Hi, I just wanted to check which stylus are you referring to? is it the Onyx boox note stylus or is it the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 stylus? because I have the remarkable tips and would like to use them with another stylus.

Would really appreciate your response.
Huda93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 01:47 AM   #20
nneo
nneo began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Book T76ML Carta+
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithwwalker View Post
Note 4 stylus works, it has a rubber tip and feels good on the Boox Note 10.3 screen, imo.

Wacom Intuos Pen (LP190K) does not work.
S Pen Note 4 works? really?
nneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2018, 08:10 AM   #21
sogaiu
Addict
sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.

Device: none
FWIW, I just tried the stylus that comes with a Note 4 with a Max 2 and it seems to be working fine.
sogaiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 10:21 AM   #22
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nneo View Post
S Pen Note 4 works? really?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sogaiu View Post
I just tried the stylus that comes with a Note 4 with a Max 2 and it seems to be working fine
Confirmed.
I see a pattern emerging ; D
I made reference a few times about the last good phone on the market, and I meant the Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 07:15 AM   #23
keithwwalker
keithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmos

Device: Boox Note 10.3
Any current Wacom pens work?
keithwwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 06:54 AM   #24
aigojenjang
aigojenjang began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note, Kobo Aura One
I will get my note next week. There is WACOM store near by home. I will test ALL pens on display and will give you full write up -
aigojenjang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 06:43 PM   #25
Alucard1sama
Alucard1sama began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigojenjang View Post
I will get my note next week. There is WACOM store near by home. I will test ALL pens on display and will give you full write up -
I'll wait for it
Alucard1sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 07:47 PM   #26
keithwwalker
keithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmos

Device: Boox Note 10.3
I suppose I could stop into the Portland Wacom Experience center this weekend...
https://www.facebook.com/pg/wacomexperiencecenter/about
keithwwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 11:46 AM   #27
nameO
nameO began at the beginning.

After browsing for two days, I found out that none of the current Intuos, Cintiq and Bamboo styli are compatible. But some of the older wacom styli are compateble, like
Bamboo Smart, Bamboo Feel (Penable), and Wacom Grip Pen UP-911E-02DD.

But all of them are out of stock. :-\ Wacom uses EMR technology for its styli, which is also used by other brands, and some of their pens might/does work, like
Dell Active EMR, Dell Canvas, Fujitsu T5000, HP ZBook x2 (with tilt), Samsung Tab S3, ThinkPad X220, Toshiba Trupen, Toshiba Z20t.

The only good thing I found out is that, the wacom nibs can be used with the Note stylus which brings a huge improvement in the writing quality.

I might be wrong with some of the facts/models, so please correct me if I you guys find something otherwise.
nameO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 02:57 PM   #28
sogaiu
Addict
sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.

I just tried a Bamboo Tip stylus and it doesn't work fully.

Specifically, it doesn't appear to work in the bundled Note app for writing / drawing, though it works for choosing / tapping the UI elements.

In contrast the Note 4 stylus works fine in the bundled Note app.

Last edited by sogaiu; 12-04-2018 at 08:09 PM. Reason: fixed mistake: Bamboo -> Bamboo Tip
sogaiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 03:14 PM   #29
nameO
nameO began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sogaiu View Post
I just tried a Bamboo stylus and it doesn't work fully.

Specifically, it doesn't appear to work in the bundled Note app for writing / drawing, though it works for choosing / tapping the UI elements.

In contrast the Note 4 stylus works fine in the bundled Note app.
Yep, any Galaxy stylus would be the best bet. Still, hoping someone might try out some stylus and it might just magically work.
nameO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 12:30 AM   #30
jessie102
Addict
jessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: SONY PRS505
Does this nib below work with the stylus?

Wacom ACK22203 Felt Pen Nibs
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...ib_5_pack.html
jessie102 is offline   Reply With Quote