Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-15-2019, 02:20 PM   #1
Fritzle
Fritzle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2 Firmware 5.4.2
Kindle PW2 turns off while installing ScreenSavers Hack

Hi at all. Hope i'm right here.

In the last few days I tried a lot and read a lot here. Only wanted the book covers as screensaver. Now nearly each bin file will turn off the reader.
The Reader works for reading as before but i can't install or uninstall hacks.

Tried following in this order:
For the sake of completeness: two tools installed a few days ago. They did some unknown changes to firmware. Because they don't worked as i want, i uninstalled them.
KindleCollectionManager_v0.5.3
KDeasy

kindle-jailbreak-1.14.N - ***** JAILBREAK ***** appeared
kindle-python-0.14.N-pw2_kt2_kv_pw3_koa_kt3 - installation seems ok (progress bar, restart, folders are there)
Update_linkss_0.24.N_install_pw2_kt2_kv_pw3_koa_kt 3 - start update, Screen turns off, waiting 10 min but nothing happened, holding Power Button a few seconds (>10sec) and the reader starts again, no linkss folder there
Update_linkss_0.24.N_uninstall - Screen turns off, same as before
Tryed Update_linkss install and uninstall a few times but every time the same
Update_python_0.14.N_uninstall - Screen turns off
Update_linkss_0.25.N_install_pw2_kt2_kv_pw3_koa_kt 3_koa2_pw4 - copy to root, pluged off, Reader Menu Update reader not available (grey), pluged in again, file is missing
Update_python_0.15.N_install_pw2_kt2_kv_pw3_koa_kt 3_koa2_pw4 - copy to root, pluged off, Reader Menu Update reader not available (grey), pluged in again, file is missing
kindle-jailbreak-1.15.N-r15581 - ***** JAILBREAK ***** appeared
After that i tried all files again (excluding jailbreak 1.14) with same results

Hope somebody can help.
Fritzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 04:29 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
You're not using MRPI, and you're not using up to date packages from the snapshots thread.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 06:22 PM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
And perhaps speed-reading the directions.
All of those faults ARE explained in the directions.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 07:36 AM   #4
Fritzle
Fritzle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2 Firmware 5.4.2
Thank you very much NiLuJe.
MRPI was the missing hint.

Unfortunately, i found the snapshot thread after trying older versions. And i understood that MRPI and KUAL are only optional. Because of that i tried without them and the newer files were missing.
With KUAL and MRPI installation of all updates and hacks was successfull. And now the screensaver works very well.
Fritzle is offline   Reply With Quote