Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-18-2020, 03:30 PM   #61
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
It's easy to tell I follow your advice , because I too have the Moto E2 and LG Volt from past years, and like them both. But as you say, both are getting old spec-wise, and mine are kind of beat up, since they are my toss-it-in-a-bag-and-don't-worry-about-it units, and also the batteries on all of mine are getting iffy. I have my fingers crossed (as you do) that as a non-phone mini-tablet/mp3 player/ereader, the E6 will be okay, especially since I've really liked my two E2s. We shall see...
I use my LG Volt strictly for podcasts... occasionally I have to reboot it because the app I use freezes or won't open. When I asked the podcast app author a tech support question he was amazed what device I was using it on.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 04:13 PM   #62
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
mSD, thanks!
YW - that's what I thought and that's what I put you down for.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2020, 08:09 PM   #63
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
MicroSD cards always well-priced at Newegg

I always shop for memory cards at Newegg, they have the best prices year-round. Although Team and ADATA usually offer the lowest prices I spend a bit more for GSKILL, my favored brand (lifetime warranty but never had to use it). Here's a list of 64GB MSD cards starting at $7.49 with free shipping. Newegg customer service is great for refunds for defective product and many of the brands on this page offer lifetime warranties on memory cards. I often wait for sales and pay around $12 for 128GB cards. Who needs Black Friday??
Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Wish list - last year I got 64 GB SD cards for $8. I believe they were SanDisk. I want more!
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 10:44 PM   #64
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Meet my $18 iPod touch - Android-style

Motorola Moto E6 -- I was looking for the following features (blue=yes, red=no)
  • Released: fairly new (Aug 2019)
  • Cheap Price: $18.27 (after tax and discount) --> details
  • Android: And 9 or And 8 -- this phone will NOT get an upgrade to And 10
  • Compass: Yes
  • RAM: 2GB or 3GB
  • Storage: 16GB or 32GB
  • mSD card: Yes -- I added a 128GB mSD card
  • LED Flash: Yes
  • FM Radio: Yes
  • Speaker: loud and clear -- BT speaker not needed
  • WiFi: dual band (2.4GHz & 5GHz)
  • Display Size: too large (5.5") -- wanted small (4.0" to 4.7")
  • Phone Size: too large (5.9" x 2.8" x 0.34") -- wanted small (5.0" x 2.5" or smaller)
  • Phone Specs: Motorola | Wikipedia | GSMArena

• Addl Info: post 93
  • Phone Case: Lumarke Moto E6 Case -- $8.80 ea (incl 2 glass screen protectors)
Quote:
Disclaimer: this phone was purchased to be a WiFi only media player. It will never be activated as a phone. It's much too large for the front pocket of my blue jeans.

Going into this, I knew the Moto E6 was an inexpensive entry level phone with mediocre specs. But, when you're moving up from devices purchased 5 & 6 years ago (Moto E2, LG Volt), the Moto E6 is a stellar device.

With this phone I got every feature I was looking for, except size. This device is too large for my shirt pocket and it's something I'll just have to live with until I find a smaller device to replace it.

Overall, the Moto E6 is quite snappy and the display resolution is almost as good as the Fire Phone (296 ppi vs 315 ppi). I'm really impressed with the sound. At full volume, it's quite loud and not distorted or tinny sounding. I won't be needing a BT speaker for this device.

I'm keeping it and hoping that someone invents a shrinking machine soon
================================================== ==========

References / Sources================================================== ==========

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-07-2021 at 02:53 PM.
Old 10-18-2020, 10:57 PM   #65
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I'm keeping it and hoping that someone invents a shrinking machine soon
Perhaps you should look for a sewing machine on Black Friday and sew larger pockets onto your shirts?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2020, 03:44 AM   #66
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Meet my $18 iPod touch - Android-style

I was looking for the following features (blue=yes, red=no):
[LIST][*]Device: Motorola Moto E6
[*]
I see $99.99. Is the sale already over?
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 03:49 AM   #67
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
From what I've seen, Criterion's prices are out of sight.
You're not kidding! That's why I've put them on my wish list!
Old 10-19-2020, 04:28 AM   #68
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
I see $99.99. Is the sale already over?
The sale is over and that's the price for an unlocked phone. The phones in the sale were locked and priced at $21.49. They're now back to their regular price of $39.88.

Remember, this was a pre-BF sale. BF should see similar pricing for prepaid phones like these.
Old 10-19-2020, 04:52 AM   #69
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Quote:
The sale is over and that's the price for an unlocked phone. The phones in the sale were locked and priced at $21.49. They're now back to their regular price of $39.88.

Remember, this was a pre-BF sale. BF should see similar pricing for prepaid phones like these.
OK. $18 is awfully attractive!
Old 10-19-2020, 07:02 AM   #70
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
regular price of $39.88.
Even that's not a terrible price!
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 09:51 AM   #71
tch65721
Evangelist
tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 10", Android phone
The Moto E series phones tend to make excellent media players. Mine is currently an E4 running Android 7. I won't swap until it dies or an app demands a newer android version. I hoped to get another couple of years out of it but really should start looking next year I suppose. Anyway, excellent choice!
tch65721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 10:11 AM   #72
tch65721
Evangelist
tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 10", Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
You're not kidding! That's why I've put them on my wish list!
Barnes & Noble usually does a 50% off Criterion sale in July and November. Amazon sometimes matches some items. Criterion also sells direct from their website and has a 50% off 24 hour "flash" sale now and then. Just a couple of pointers to likely sources. If I run across anything specific I'll post.
tch65721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 12:06 PM   #73
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tch65721 View Post
Barnes & Noble usually does a 50% off Criterion sale in July and November. Amazon sometimes matches some items. Criterion also sells direct from their website and has a 50% off 24 hour "flash" sale now and then. Just a couple of pointers to likely sources. If I run across anything specific I'll post.
Thanks! I didn't know any of that.
Old 10-19-2020, 12:06 PM   #74
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Walmart Black Friday --- ad 1 | ad 2 | ad 3 --- BF 2019

News Briefs================================================== ==========

Doorbusters
  • doorbusters drop at specific dates & times -- so plan ahead

Tablets
  • TBA

Stream Audio
  • TBA

Stream Video
  • TBA

Smartphones
  • TBA

Computers
  • TBA

Storage
  • mSD Card --
  • USB Drive --
  • Ext HDD ----
  • Int HDD ----

Accessories
  • BT Spkrs ---
  • Gift Cards --
  • Pwr Bank --
  • Smrt Plug --

EXPIRED OFFERS================================================== ==========

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-17-2020 at 06:47 PM.
Old 10-19-2020, 08:24 PM   #75
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
$199 iPhone SE 64GB -- prepaid
The ad lists two non-contract companies that must be part of the purchase. If they are non-contract, would I be able to switch them to non-contract Consumer Cellular immediately? Or after 1 month maybe?
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote