Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 10-28-2020, 05:37 AM   #121
tinkywinky666
tinkywinky666 began at the beginning.

Device: none yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by patientxtr View Post
Hidden settings for miui (I know this is not miui but it works for some programs)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...han.sets&hl=tr

I disabled within it :

Android Keyboard (AOSP) -I use hacker's keyboard-
Google Play Services
Google Play Store

Some programs says that they need google play services to run, for example telegram but in the end they run with it disabled, so no need for me.
====

If you really want to disable stuff though, you have to use adb commands by connecting the device via usb cable to pc.

Here is some stuff I disabled and command I used -not the whole list-

Connect device via usb cable to a pc, have adb tools ready, enter command prompt.

adb devices
(to be sure device is connected and can be used via tools)

this is the output for me :
List of devices attached
CNBT80D20200600482 device

to list installed apps on the device enter this
adb shell pm list packages

and finally and example to disable any app from the list
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.android.providers.telephony

change com.android.providers.telephony to any other app name, but of course be careful not to disable any important system app.

You can of course enable-disable google framework from the settings and after that if you disable these I listed below it would be better.

Code:
package:com.android.providers.telephony
package:com.android.providers.calendar
package:com.android.browser

(I don't use default browser, I use kiwi browser)

package:com.android.providers.downloads.ui
package:com.android.vending

(this is the play store, and again I don't use it I use aurora store which works with google framework and all these stuff disabled)

package:com.google.android.gms
package:com.android.inputmethod.latin
package:com.google.android.feedback
package:com.android.providers.blockednumber
package:com.android.providers.contacts
package:android.rk.RockVideoPlayer

(finally this is the video player installed on the device, tried it once , it is not practical so no need to have it here)
To enable any disabled app again from the adb command ,
example:

adb shell pm enable android.rk.RockVideoPlayer

IMPORTANT !!!! BTW you can enable stuff disabled with ADB commands with Hidden Settings BUT if you want to disable them again you have disable them from the command prompt.

The thing is other than google play store not much is needed to be enabled again for me so this is mostly a one time thing with adb tools\ disable stuff and forget. And also I updated two times via System Updates while this stuff is disabled and didn't have any problems.
@patientxtr Thanks, will try but am total noob in those matters haha...so You're saying it will enable me to block stuff draining the battery too?
You should make a tutorial and earn money on YT from this lol

Last edited by tinkywinky666; 10-28-2020 at 12:00 PM.
tinkywinky666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 02:23 AM   #122
skayme
skayme began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 / Sony 505
How Can I back to Android 6?
skayme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 01:33 AM   #123
wssddc
wssddc began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
I have a new Likebook Mars. It came with Android 6 which I updated immediately to 8.1. The PDF user manual I have shows a sort option on the App page, but I don't see that on my unit or the built-in help. All I can do is move an icon to the top, which is a vary painful way to sort. An I missing something?
wssddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 02:30 AM   #124
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wssddc View Post
I have a new Likebook Mars. It came with Android 6 which I updated immediately to 8.1. The PDF user manual I have shows a sort option on the App page, but I don't see that on my unit or the built-in help. All I can do is move an icon to the top, which is a vary painful way to sort. An I missing something?
What do you want to sort?
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 01:35 AM   #125
Motobylette
Motobylette began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook
C'est vrai, on ne peut déplacer que vers la première case en haut à gauche après la bibliothèque.

Faites une liste sur papier de vos applications depuis celle que vous voulez en premier jusqu'à la dernière puis déplacez en haut la dernière de votre liste, puis l'avant-dernière, etc.

A la fin vous aurez vos application dans l'ordre désiré.

Cordialement

Last edited by Motobylette; 11-06-2020 at 01:37 AM.
Motobylette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 01:42 AM   #126
Motobylette

That's right, you can only move to the first box at the top left after the library.

List your apps on paper from the one you want first to the last then move the last one on your list to the top, then the penultimate, etc.

At the end you will have your applications in the desired order.

cordially
Old 11-06-2020, 02:51 AM   #127
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motobylette View Post
That's right, you can only move to the first box at the top left after the library.

List your apps on paper from the one you want first to the last then move the last one on your list to the top, then the penultimate, etc.

At the end you will have your applications in the desired order.
But you can hide the unnecessary
Old 11-06-2020, 04:38 AM   #128
Motobylette

Exact, on peut cacher les applications inutiles.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201106-102758.png
Views:	270
Size:	249.4 KB
ID:	183248  
Old 11-06-2020, 04:39 AM   #129
Motobylette

Étonnant ! La copie d'écran est en noir et blanc sur la liseuse (normal depuis boyue) et devient en couleur après transfert sur ma tablette !
Old 11-06-2020, 05:39 PM   #130
wssddc
wssddc began at the beginning.

I was going to ask how you got colors from a black&white device, but after translating your last message with Google Translate, I see it surprised you too.

I'm trying out RelaunchX from Fdroid. It can give me a sorted list of apps, but it would be simpler if the stock screen supported sorting.
wssddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 01:16 PM   #131
bekar
bekar began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skayme View Post
How Can I back to Android 6?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...60#post4030260
bekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 01:14 PM   #132
patientxtr
Enthusiast
patientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it is

Device: Likebook Mars, Kindle 3(sold), Jetbook Lite (gave away)
New firmware update came today. Main highlight is to be able to view cbz with default viewer. So far so good. I uninstalled all comic viewers from the system because of this. The main readers ability to cut corners is great and also the usual options are usable with comic books. The only "negative" here is to not be able to view cbr content but that is very easy to fix, just started converting all cbr to cbz on my pc. Well done likebook again !
patientxtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 04:12 PM   #133
Incanus
Incanus
Incanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook T80D
Where can I download this new firmware update to install it as a local package?

Kind regards

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk
Incanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 04:31 PM   #134
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incanus View Post
Where can I download this new firmware update to install it as a local package?
Look here or here.
Old 01-18-2021, 06:15 PM   #135
Incanus
Incanus
Incanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook T80D
Thanks! No download links in either facebook nor Twitter (as of just now).

Kind regards,

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk
Incanus is offline   Reply With Quote