Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 07-10-2015, 08:14 AM   #1
marcfiszman
marcfiszman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Sidebar TOC not appearing in iOS following azk conversion

I'm starting with a valid EPUB 3 file.

KindleGen conversion to mobi seems to work fine. I've tested the file on my Paperwhite and in the Kindle desktop app for OS X. Notably, a full, logical TOC appears in the Go To menu on the Paperwhite, and in the Contents sidebar in the desktop app. I've also included an inline HTML TOC. This appears in the desktop app in the Go dropdown.

So, all seems good.

The problem appears when converting the mobi to azk with Kindle Previewer to test on my iPhone. The book looks fine, but the logical TOC is not appearing in the sidebar. There is a link to the HTML TOC.

How do I get the logical TOC to appear?

Thanks for any help!
marcfiszman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 05:47 PM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcfiszman View Post
How do I get the logical TOC to appear
This appears to be a AZKCreator.exe bug. I.e., there's nothing you can do about it other than complain about it to KDP.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2015, 07:57 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcfiszman View Post
I'm starting with a valid EPUB 3 file.

KindleGen conversion to mobi seems to work fine. I've tested the file on my Paperwhite and in the Kindle desktop app for OS X. Notably, a full, logical TOC appears in the Go To menu on the Paperwhite, and in the Contents sidebar in the desktop app. I've also included an inline HTML TOC. This appears in the desktop app in the Go dropdown.

So, all seems good.

The problem appears when converting the mobi to azk with Kindle Previewer to test on my iPhone. The book looks fine, but the logical TOC is not appearing in the sidebar. There is a link to the HTML TOC.

How do I get the logical TOC to appear?

Thanks for any help!
I would suggest you add an NCX file with the TOC and see if this fixes your problem. NCX is acceptable in ePub 3.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 03:02 AM   #4
marcfiszman
marcfiszman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I would suggest you add an NCX file with the TOC and see if this fixes your problem. NCX is acceptable in ePub 3.

Dale
Yeah, I had a quick go with that, but it didn't work. Will take some more time with it today and see.

Otherwise, KDP have asked me to upload a copy of the file so they can take a look. Will report back with any findings.
marcfiszman is offline   Reply With Quote