Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-05-2007, 04:30 PM   #1
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
FBReader Registry installer for 2.11

Because of problems with porting the latest version of FBReader to 2.11, I've decided to go ahead and release the registry installer.

What this will do, is allow you to open supported files directly from the contentlister without having to use FBReader's library functions.

You will need to have firmware 2.11 and my latest port of FBReader installed for this to work.

File Extensions Supported:
  • chm
  • rtf
  • oeb
  • opf
  • epub
  • fb2
  • tcr
Attached Files
File Type: zip fbreader_registry.zip (6.8 KB, 2179 views)
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 04:56 PM   #2
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Thanks, this was what I needed to upgrade to 2.11!
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2007, 10:32 PM   #3
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Any chance the uploaded archive is corrupted? I can't get it to unpack on my system....
Old 10-06-2007, 10:40 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The ZIP file uncompressed fine on my Windows system.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 08:42 AM   #5
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

It unpacks for me as well.

Is anyone else having problems? Has anyone installed it? Comments or suggestions?
Advert
Old 10-07-2007, 01:40 PM   #6
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
It works for me. The only problem I had was that some of my .fb2 files are in zip archives (.fb2.zip). These work in the content lister providing I unzip them first.

In the case of FB2 files, FBReader will automatically add them to its library (even if zipped) if they are in its search path.

I updated the ILiad_FBReader wiki page for the latest install method. I also added a few Usage Notes.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:38 PM   #7
DeGodefroi
Zealot
DeGodefroi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite (had Illiad)
Unzipping, no problem.
Installed FBreader registry (I had fun with the beta for 2.10.2). Thanks Adam as always. And good luck with the porting issue!
DeGodefroi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 10:34 PM   #8
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

I'll try downloading again. It said 7kb, so I assumed I had the whole file, but there might have been an error somewhere in the process.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:34 PM   #9
TOucan
TOucan began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
Hi Adam:
I wonder if anyone else has had this problem. I followed the Standalone Install instructions for FBReader when I was running iLiad firmware 2.09 and 2.10 and have never been able to run FBReader. I tried once again today after updating to 2.11 and updating Shell access. I first ran the Registry hack and rebooted and the ContentLister showed FBReader Registry Hack has been installed. I then ran Install FBReader; lots of flashing green light activity for a minute or so. Rebooted and ContentLister again shows Install FBReader. No evidence of the program. Except for the the Registry Hack install step, this replicates my experience each time I have tried to install it with earlier firmware versions.
ConvertLit works great but I can't open any of the converted files without FBReader. Any thoughts.
Thanks for your help.
TOucan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 12:46 PM   #10
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

Are you installing on an external card? What version of FBReader are you installing? Does it show "FBReader has been installed" after you run the installer?
Old 10-09-2007, 03:02 PM   #11
TOucan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
Are you installing on an external card? What version of FBReader are you installing? Does it show "FBReader has been installed" after you run the installer?
I'm trying to install it on my external CF card. I'm trying to install the version linked to your 10-05-2007, 04:30 PM posting which is the first posting in this thread; 0.8.4 I think.
After I run the installer I see in contentlister "Install FBReader".
Old 10-09-2007, 03:05 PM   #12
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

Sounds like it's not running correctly. Make sure it's not in any folders with spaces, and that your CF card doesn't have any corruption.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:08 PM   #13
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
I updated the wiki page to be more explicit about the steps required, see: ILiad FBReader. However, this is pretty much what you did already.

My memory (from two weeks ago) is poor, but I think the following is what I did: a) copy the unziped directory to the base directory of the CF card, b) reboot after selecting the installer. You should then have FBReader in directory Programs and another directory _local for files internal to FBReader.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 06:09 PM   #14
TOucan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
Sounds like it's not running correctly. Make sure it's not in any folders with spaces, and that your CF card doesn't have any corruption.
Well I hate to do it but throwing in the towel is starting to look pretty appealing. I tried the install on a usb stick and it worked like a charm so that boosted my confidence. I then re-formatted the CF card, put a fresh unzipped fbreaderinst folder on the drive and tried an install. Same problem; after reboot i'm still getting the Install FBReader listing in contentlister.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:41 PM   #15
realityloop
Enthusiast
realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Is it possible to install FBReader on the Iliad's internal memory, in my attempts so far it seems to do really weird stuff when you restart the Iliad after installing it.. I've had to reflash.. but for the sake of battery life I would like to have it on the internal memory..
realityloop is offline   Reply With Quote