Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-11-2018, 07:46 PM   #2401
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acataloger View Post
The Amazon.us link for Daisy Gumm set 2 is broken - the active entry shows $7.99.
The link is from a post over two years old, so it's not too surprising. The current sale she linked to is at Amazon UK.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 07:07 PM   #2402
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
The box set is on sale in the UK, not in the US - that is what the first line of the post says.

I included the quote just for the description of the box set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acataloger View Post
The Amazon.us link for Daisy Gumm set 2 is broken - the active entry shows $7.99.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 07:17 PM   #2403
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Bear Wagon is the 7th in the Stephen Attebrook series by Jason Vail, and is free right now at Kindle US. I'm not sure about Hawk Publishing as a self-pub or not, but I have read the first six titles in the series, and enjoyed them - not in my top ten series, but enjoyed them. So I'm happy to see Wagon available for free.

link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076337YRY

Spoiler:
Quote:
The war that England had feared for months begins during the summer of 1263 not with a clash of great armies, but with little spasms of violence across the land as small bodies of troops loyal to the barons gathering around Simon de Montfort and King Henry III attack their foes here and there about the country.

Even such a minor family as the Attebrooks of Hafton Manor cannot avoid being drawn in, as Stephen Attebrook’s elder brother, William, takes part in an assault on a castle held by the Bishop of Hereford, one of the King’s staunch supporters.

But the coming war is the last thing on Stephen’s mind that June. For a dead girl whom no one can identify is found floating in the River Teme at the Dinham mill, drowned under circumstances that only the most addle-witted could think was anything but murder.

There is no time, however, for Stephen and his friend Gilbert Wistwode to devote to the fate of that poor girl, for an even more pressing dilemma is forced upon them — unknown ruffians traveling with a bear wagon have kidnapped Stephen’s niece, Ida, William’s daughter.

Despite the bad blood between the two brothers, William seeks Stephen’s assistance it finding Ida. And so begins the desperate pursuit of the bear wagon across England, reaching to the depths of London itself and far into Norfolk, as Stephen races to find Ida before she meets a fate worse than murder. “The Bear Wagon” is the story of Stephen’s most complex and dangerous adventure yet.
Old 08-12-2018, 08:54 PM   #2404
Acataloger
Retired library cataloger
Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'

Device: PRS-T2 ; Kindle Paperwhite Manga; Fire HD 10; Huawei Honor 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
The box set is on sale in the UK, not in the US - that is what the first line of the post says.

I included the quote just for the description of the box set.
Sorry, my post just complicated things! I understood that the sale is in the UK. I actually clicked on the US link as a fast way of verifying that I had already bought the set, but I found a 404 Dog of Amazon instead. The US price was intended as a PSA for anyone who might have wanted to check it.

For some reason, I can't follow links into the UK site any more
Acataloger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 08:55 PM   #2405
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

School Days is the 33rd in the Spenser series by Robert B. Parker. It has dropped to $1.99 at Kindle and Kobo US. Parker's titles don't go on sale very often, in the US at least, so nice to see this one.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/School-Days-S...dp/B000OCXJI4/
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/school-days-2

Spoiler:
Quote:
A horrifying school shooting draws Boston PI Spenser into a harrowing investigation in this thriller by New York Times bestselling author Robert B. Parker.

When a Massachusetts boy is accused of mass murder, his socially prominent grandmother is convinced of his innocence and is willing to fight for him. But based on the boy’s resigned attitude and the evidence stacked against him, Spenser isn’t convinced of anything—except that there’s trouble ahead...
Old 08-13-2018, 08:23 AM   #2406
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

A Palm for Mrs. Pollifax is the fourth in the Mrs. Pollifax series by Dorothy Gilman. I read and enjoyed this series back in DTB days, and although it's pretty cozy, it's also, IMO, a lot of fun. Gilman's books don't go on sale very often so it's nice to see this one drop to $2.99 at Kindle and Kobo US.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/Palm-Mrs-Poll...dp/B00K4C4GWM/
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/palm-for-mrs-pollifax

Spoiler:
Quote:
“Mrs. Pollifax gives Agatha Christie’s Miss Marple a rival to reckon with.”—Toronto Star

“What we are looking for—aside from the stolen Plutonium, Mrs. Pollifax—is evil in its purest form.”

Mrs. Pollifax was leading a very full life: Garden Club, karate, yoga—and a little spying now and then.

This time the mysterious Mr. Carstairs sent her to Switzerland—to a famous health resort where the world’s intelligence agents had gathered.

The mission: to track down a missing package of plutonium. Just enough to make a small atom bomb.

It was a job that suited Mrs. Pollifax’s talents. She was good with people—and good at sniffing out their secrets.

But it was not until she became enchanted with Robin, the young jewel thief, that her new adventure really began. . . .
Old 08-13-2018, 09:09 AM   #2407
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
A Palm for Mrs. Pollifax is the fourth in the Mrs. Pollifax series by Dorothy Gilman. I read and enjoyed this series back in DTB days, and although it's pretty cozy, it's also, IMO, a lot of fun. Gilman's books don't go on sale very often so it's nice to see this one drop to $2.99 at Kindle and Kobo US.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/Palm-Mrs-Poll...dp/B00K4C4GWM/
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/palm-for-mrs-pollifax
I really enjoyed the first few books in this series, but the later books do get extremely "political", with overt rants against various countries, which I found very off-putting. When you get to those books in the series (and I don't recall off-hand when they started getting that way) I'd suggest stopping reading them. The early books are very enjoyable, though!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 07:47 AM   #2408
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Three titles in the Carlos Tejada Alonso y Leon series by Rebecca Pawel have dropped to $1.99 at Kindle and Kobo US (coupon/VIPable). If you picked up The Watcher in the Pine and The Summer Snow when they were on sale in the last couple months, you now can have the complete series and some short stories.

Death of a Nationalist, #1
Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/Nationalist-S...dp/B004HYHAWG/
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/dea...-nationalist-2

Law of Return, #2
Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/Return-Sergea...dp/B004HYHA80/
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/law-of-return-2

What Happened When the War Was Over, short stories, seems to be Kobo only
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/wha...-alonso-y-leon
Old 08-17-2018, 07:57 AM   #2409
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Dark Dreams is the second in the Commander Jana Matinova series by Michael Genelin. It has dropped to $1.99 at Kindle and Kobo US (coupon/VIPable).

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/Dark-Dreams-C...dp/B004HYHB7U/
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/dark-dreams-20

Spoiler:
Quote:
A police commander suspects an international criminal conspiracy: “The portrayal of life in post-Communist Slovakia is riveting” (USA Today).

Prudent Jana and impetuous Sofia were best friends as schoolmates, including the day when Sofia was assaulted by someone high up in the Communist Party. There was little they could do at the time—but Jana managed to identify him and vowed to one day bring him to justice.

Now she’s a commander in the Slovak police force when she discovers an enormous diamond, dangling from a string fixed to the ceiling of her home. Was it put there as a gift? Or, more likely, to entrap her? Where did this magnificent jewel come from? The investigation will lead Jana across Europe and into a web of murders which have entangled her childhood friend—and will bring back memories of the traumatic past.
Old 08-17-2018, 04:03 PM   #2410
Kacetwo
Connoisseur
Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-Reader
I bought a couple of books by Caimh McDonnell when Amazon.co.uk had a sale and enjoyed them very much. Dark humour and a lot of wit. Anyway the first ebook comes with some stuff about getting a free book. There is a link on his web page. It is some of his short stories and is a quick read with a couple of funny tales in there. You can grab it by signing up to his mailing list here

I think the main books are available in the Kindle Unlimited scheme as well.
Kacetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 04:57 PM   #2411
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Deadly Duo comprises two novellas by Margery Allingham: Wanted: Someone Innocent and Last Act. It has dropped to $0.99 as a US Kindle Countdown Deal for about 2 1/4 more days.

link: https://www.amazon.com/Deadly-Duo-No...dp/B01MSOVISB/

Spoiler:
Quote:
“My very favourite of the four Queens of Crime is Allingham” - J. K. Rowling

Wanted: Someone Innocent, follows the impoverished Miss Gillian Brayton, whose luck begins to change when a school reunion reacquaints her with a now-famous old friend, Rita Fayre. When Rita offers her a job she accepts immediately and is swept away in Rita’s Rolls Royce to what she expects will be a glamorous new life as nurse to a wounded war hero. The reality, however, is less than luxurious. Ignored by the staff, overwhelmed by the work, Gillian is sure things can’t get any worse. Until, that is, Rita is found dead…

In Last Act, Margot Rob, an aging French actress has taken up residence in a British country home along with her servants, two grandsons and a young woman she has taken on as her ward.

When she turns up dead there are no shortage of suspects. The grandson who, rumour has it, was about to be disinherited or the long time servant fed up of catering to the eccentric actress requests?

But in a country home murder, there's always more than one suspect…. so who killed Margot Rob?
Old 08-17-2018, 06:49 PM   #2412
Acataloger
Retired library cataloger
Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'

Device: PRS-T2 ; Kindle Paperwhite Manga; Fire HD 10; Huawei Honor 8
I bought a couple of books by Caimh McDonnell when Amazon.co.uk had a sale and enjoyed them very much.
Thanks, sounds like a good one!
Acataloger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 06:54 AM   #2413
Kieran Seymour
Addict
Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Books 4 to 9 in Camilla Lackberg's Hedstrom and Falck series are 99p Daily Deals at Amazon UK.

(4) The Stranger (aka The Gallows Bird)
(5) The Hidden Child
(6) The Drowning
(7) The Lost Boy
(8) Buried Angels
(9) The Ice Child
Kieran Seymour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 08:23 AM   #2414
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
While poking around ereaderIQ for Robert van Gulik, I came across a free sampler of 2 short stories courtesy of University of Chicago Press:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00HAT57HK
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 06:36 AM   #2415
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

A bundle of the first 10 titles in the Roy Grace series by Peter James has dropped to $18.14 at Kindle US. This works out to a pretty good price if you need/want all 10, or at least most of them. Individual titles are listed below in the blurb.

link: https://www.amazon.com/Roy-Grace-Ebo...dp/B018IFCACY/

Spoiler:
Quote:
The first ten novels of Peter James' enormously popular, multi-award-winning crime series featuring Detective Superintendent Roy Grace are collected together in this ebook bundle.

These ten bestselling titles follow Brighton's best police detective as he investigates missing persons, terrible murders, copycat killers, and races against the clock to catch dangerous criminals before they strike again.

Peter James' Roy Grace Ebook Bundle: Books 1-10 contains the following gripping novels from the Roy Grace series:

Dead Simple
Looking Good Dead
Not Dead Enough
Dead Man's Footsteps
Dead Tomorrow
Dead Like You
Dead Man's Grip
Not Dead Yet
Dead Man's Time
Want You Dead