Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-06-2018, 08:16 AM   #1
sarjim
sarjim began at the beginning.

Device: none
calibre 3.27 won`t start in my mac

hi everyone out there!

I've just upgraded calibre to version 3.27 and when i try to open the app won't respond . Any clue anyone?

Running in a macOS Sierra 10.12.6
sarjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 08:35 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Update macOS and you will be fine https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1780384
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 05:28 AM   #3
sarjim
sarjim began at the beginning.

Device: none
thanks a lot !
sarjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 09:42 PM   #4
maws baker
maws baker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paper white
Calibre won't respond Mac

Hi,

I have a Mac with OS 10.13.6.
I saw that I couldn't use the latest Calibre version so I downloaded and installed an older version.
I used it. Then shut it. But it wouldn't re-open when I needed it to but it sits in the dock and I can't get rid of it. I can't even re-start my Mac because it says Calibre is open. I tried "force quit" but it doesn't work. Calibre has jammed up. It won't let me delete the Calibre app from Applications because it says it's open when it isn't (ie it doesn't have the dot under the icon).

To use it - I basically have to re-install Calibre from the download. Then I see a second Calibre icon in the dock with a dot underneath it.
So I can use Calibre but I can't restart my Mac bc the initial version won't delete / quit etc.

Please help !!
maws baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 10:05 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Hold down the power button on your mac for thirty seconds.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote