Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-19-2020, 02:58 AM   #1
TJB4916
TJB4916 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Calibre wont convert

I have to be missing something. Installed the latest calibre, latest DRM removal tool, and latest kfx input plug in. Cant convert or even view book. Uniinstalled kfx plug in, says it needs the plug in cause the book is kfx format, which is normal.

Try to convert, says cant remove DRM even though plug in is installed and and enabled. Book downloaded from kindle to pc 1.24 today.

Am i drunk or am i missing something.

Oh, and i should mention, the book when i drop it in calibre gets given a weird file extension saying something abkut kfx and then .zip

Any help would be greatly appreciated
TJB4916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 03:33 AM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
An import that results in a file type of KFX-ZIP indicates that something went wrong, possibly with DRM removal.

For help with diagnosing DRM problems ask at Apprentice Alf's Blog or Apprentice Harper's GitHub. (Detailed help with that topic is not allowed on MobileRead.)

For alternatives to KFX import see: Dealing with Kindle for PC/Mac 1.19 and KFX in calibre.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert