Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-08-2020, 11:53 AM   #301
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercador View Post
UMR launch perfectly now. I just got errors for Plato and KOReader, as I expect they are there because they are in the kfmon config folder, even if they aren't installed yet.
Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercador View Post
In retrospec, initially, I was trying to run UMR without KFmon because it wasn't asked in the UMR initial post, I thought that Nickelmenu was enough to create an handle to that app.
It can be, c.f., the NM example in KOReader's doc, just adjust the script's path.

(Right now, KFMon is actually launching UMR, you're just triggering the launch via NM through NM's KFMon generator ).

(There's nothing wrong with either approach, the choice is yours).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 02:13 PM   #302
Mercador
I'm not a number!
Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Ok so if I cmd_spawn the full path to the UMR.sh, it should work right? Though it seems to work alright now, unless you tell me that kfmon eats a lot of battery at launch, I'll let it that way. I want to try KOReader anyway.
Mercador is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2020, 04:16 PM   #303
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yup!

Like I said, nothing wrong with either approach .
Old 09-08-2020, 05:38 PM   #304
Mercador
I'm not a number!
Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Merci bien NiLuJe
Mercador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 05:05 AM   #305
Alanon
Connoisseur
Alanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
Yes:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=248

But you'll need to do a bit of work
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Less so now that https://github.com/pgaskin/NickelMen...666e062dd3b353 has been merged .

(Binaries are available over here in the Actions page, for people logged into GitHub).

Thanks a lot guys! Followed the instructions and everything worked like a charm. I have to say, I'm really liking the new layout and the way NickelMenu fits in.
Alanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2020, 05:56 PM   #306
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
How do I change the frontlight brightness with NickelMenu?
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 05:59 PM   #307
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Elektron: You don't.
Old 09-13-2020, 07:35 PM   #308
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
Ah. :\
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 06:56 AM   #309
NiLuJe
BLAM!

But if you don't care about keeping it in sync with Nickel's UI & settings, you can do it manually via the sysfs knobs (device-dependent, to some extent), or ioctl (universal).
Old 09-14-2020, 11:41 AM   #310
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
Is it possible to toggle the beta feature "Large print mode" on and off with Nickelmenu?

I find large-print (which increases the size of user-interace elements only, and leaves the book's actual text untouched, so that that can be set independently using the normal font and page-layout controls) quite useful for reading footnotes, dictionary entries, and so on, but it means that fewer words of article titles display (making it quite cryptic, often, what articles are about) when looking at "My articles."

Thank you! Nickemenu is terrific!
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 05:37 PM   #311
bajillioneer
bajillioneer began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Is this a replacement for KSM? If yes, can you please link me the instructions?
bajillioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 01:22 AM   #312
ICDeadPpl
Enthusiast
ICDeadPpl began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajillioneer View Post
Is this a replacement for KSM? If yes, can you please link me the instructions?
Literally the first post in this thread has instructions, FAQ and links for documentation and source code.
ICDeadPpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 02:01 AM   #313
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Before people start asking me about compatibility: NickelMenu v0.3.2 will work fine with firmware 4.24.15672.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 09:18 AM   #314
binarymelon
binarymelon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Is it possible to add a menu item in NickelMenu to trigger an index update in Nickel?
binarymelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 09:25 AM   #315
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@binarymelon: https://github.com/pgaskin/NickelMen...es/doc#L85-L86

Tags
kobo, launcher, ldpreload, nickel