Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-08-2020, 03:56 PM   #1
patetc
patetc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
List of Books

I would like a list of all of the books in Calibre. Authors too if possible. Is there a way to do this in Calibre?
patetc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 04:14 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by patetc View Post
I would like a list of all of the books in Calibre. Authors too if possible. Is there a way to do this in Calibre?
Have you tried the Create a catalog of the books in your calibre library option? For some reason only known to Kovid Goyal, it lives under Convert books on the book context menu. Right click on a book in the library view, hover on Convert books and click on the Create a catalog... item.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 04:16 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Right click the Convert Icon: Catalog: CSV (recognized by most spreadsheets)
OR
Use the CLI:calibredb -- )list (Go to the Calibre Help site fo Commandline Tools documentation
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 07:21 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
For some reason only known to Kovid Goyal, it lives under Convert books on the book context menu.
the "Create catalogue" tool is available as a discrete item that can be added to any toolbar or menu in the normal way

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-09-09 091250.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	181838

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 08:11 PM   #5
patetc
patetc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
I was able to create a catalog but the options don't allow me to get it in the right format. For some reason the first author was "Woods" in spite of the fact that I wanted it alphabetical.

Oh well, I'll try something else.

Pat
patetc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 11:52 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I was able to create a catalog but the options don't allow me to get it in the right format. For some reason the first author was "Woods" in spite of the fact that I wanted it alphabetical.

Pat
Export the catalog as a CSV file, import it into a spreadsheet program, sort the entries how you want. Save the modified file and use calibre to convert it to whatever ebook format you happen to want.
Old 09-08-2020, 11:53 PM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
the "Create catalogue" tool is available as a discrete item that can be added to any toolbar or menu in the normal way
The question for me is why Create catalog is part of the Convert books context menu. Not the most intuitive location, IMNSHO.
Old 09-09-2020, 02:58 AM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The question for me is why Create catalog is part of the Convert books context menu. Not the most intuitive location, IMNSHO.
Probably seemed a good idea at the time for reasons no longer apparent.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 04:21 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Because there is limited real estate for icons on the toolbar, there can be only so many in the default configuration.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 05:50 PM   #10
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Quote:

Pat
Just open the CSV with a spreadsheet, highlight all and use Data/Sort and sort by Columns how you want.
Also, it may have used the "Author sort" column to sort initially. I don't use that column so unchecked it when generating the file.
skb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 01:01 PM   #11
rracoon01
Connoisseur
rracoon01 began at the beginning.

Device: android tablets
Calibredb List command output problem

I just finally got caught up to the new python version updating to 9.0 today. I am now having trouble with the Calibredb list command performing differently than before. I you do a list on the command line the output looks just fine with a header line and then the single book qualified in the search argument. But if the output is redirected to a file or even if you view the output in a log file the book comes first and then the header line. This is screwing up a batch file of mine that directs the list output to a file and then parses the file with the batch command "for" to retrieve the id number of the book searched for. I have tried the --ascending option but no help there. This worked correctly in the pre Python 3 versions.

calibredb list --search="title:Allen's eBook Shelf" --limit=1 >list.tmp

type list.tmp
365 Allen's eBook Shelf Allen Williams
id title authors
rracoon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 07:40 PM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...9f1cbdf870074d
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 01:37 PM   #13
rracoon01
Connoisseur
rracoon01 began at the beginning.

Device: android tablets
I have Calibre 9.0. But I use the command line interface to automate some tasks like rebuilding catalogs rather than having to do it by hand in the GUI. this has broken one of those batch files.

Please advise.
rracoon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 01:59 PM   #14
georgemk
Addict
georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Nia
@rracoon01
Kovid's note means that a fix will appear in the next version released. It just missed out on v5.9.0 which was released on the 8th January. The release schedule is normally every 2 weeks.
georgemk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 08:07 PM   #15
DNSB
Bibliophagist

@rracoon01: Also note the latest calibre release is 5.9.0 not 9.0.

Tags
lists