Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-22-2020, 12:00 PM   #1
res555
res555 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Calibre export to ePub fails: "Failed to initialize plugin: ... DeDRM.zip"

Most of the time, it works to add self-written .odt documents to Calibre and then convert to ePub.

But sometimes it fails:

Failed to initialize plugin: '/home/res/.config/calibre/plugins/DeDRM.zip'
Conversion options changed from defaults:
cover: '/tmp/calibre_4.99.4_tmp__w420e3e/o5xos4_r.jpeg'
verbose: 2
read_metadata_from_opf: '/tmp/calibre_4.99.4_tmp__w420e3e/3szthjo8.opf'
Resolved conversion options
calibre version: 4.99.4

Anybody got any ideas how I can solve this?

Greetings
Res

Last edited by res555; 08-22-2020 at 12:03 PM.
res555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 12:07 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Uninstall your distro calibre and install the official binaries from https://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 12:17 PM   #3
res555
res555 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
thanks a lot, that solved it. :-)
res555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 02:36 PM   #4
nbi
nbi began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
can't run calibre 5.43 on Debian linux

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Uninstall your distro calibre and install the official binaries from https://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux
Thank you, I encountered the same problem and this fixed it.

However there are now other showstopper problems:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. If I run as root I get:

Creating PDF Output...
Converting input as a text based book...
[3252131:3252131:0614/111726.662364:ERROR:zygote_host_impl_linux.cc(89)] Running as root without --no-sandbox is not supported. See https://crbug.com/638180.

2. If I run as a non-root user I get:

Authorization required, but no authorization protocol specified
qt.qpa.xcb: could not connect to display :0.0
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vnc, wayland-egl, wayland, wayland-xcomposite-egl, wayland-xcomposite-glx, xcb.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reinstalling obviously will not fix this problem. Is there anything I can do to get calibre running on Debian? Thanks.
nbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 10:55 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre works fine on debian you are missing some dependencies, read the notes ont he calibre linux download page.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote