Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-01-2022, 03:21 PM   #106
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansem_93 View Post
Hi everyone. Next week I'm goona buy the new Libra 2.
Can you suggest me some good fonts? I know that there is some fonts, like the Kindle one, made just for ebook readers.
Try also Roboto Serif from Google Fonts. You could also like Roboto (a sans serif font, the first font produced by Google of the Roboto series) and Robot Slab.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 06:41 PM   #107
Shpounz
Shpounz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps67 View Post
Try also Roboto Serif from Google Fonts. You could also like Roboto (a sans serif font, the first font produced by Google of the Roboto series) and Robot Slab.
I also tried many fonts and my favourite was clearly Literata Book (based on Literata v3.002 with Litera Book parameters). I gave Roboto Serif a chance and it is a very nice and pleasant font. Thanks !

Last edited by Shpounz; 03-18-2022 at 11:46 AM.
Shpounz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 05:31 AM   #108
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Sans-serif fonts are not as good to read with as a serif font.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 06:57 AM   #109
Shpounz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
As far as I know, Literata Book and Roboto Serif are both serif fonts.
Old 03-18-2022, 08:54 AM   #110
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I prefer serif, but it's not simple. It's affected by medium / print quality, size, type of content and size. There are also a lot of poor sans where I and l or 0 and O are ambiguous. There are plenty of unsuitable serif fonts for lower resolution or smaller size body text.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 10:42 AM   #111
Colonel Cathcart
Addict
Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Roboto Serif looks nice. I can't make sense of what's available to download here: https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Roboto+Serif
Which one(s) should I get in order to have the 4 ttf files for regular, italics, bold and bold-italics?
Colonel Cathcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 11:22 AM   #112
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I prefer serif, but it's not simple. It's affected by medium / print quality, size, type of content and size. There are also a lot of poor sans where I and l or 0 and O are ambiguous. There are plenty of unsuitable serif fonts for lower resolution or smaller size body text.
I have seen fonts where I, l, and 1 went beyond ambiguous to bit for bit identical.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 11:28 AM   #113
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Cathcart View Post
Roboto Serif looks nice. I can't make sense of what's available to download here: https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Roboto+Serif
Which one(s) should I get in order to have the 4 ttf files for regular, italics, bold and bold-italics?
I used the Medium Regular and Italic and the ExtraBold Bold and BoldItalic since, for me, I prefer heavier fonts on an eInk screen. A bit of diddling with FontForge to change the font internal names and looks good to me.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 11:30 AM   #114
Shpounz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Cathcart View Post
You have to download the font family and then extract and put RobotoSerif Regular, RobotoSerif Bold, RobotoSerif BoldItalic, RobotoSerif Italic ttf files (\static\RobotoSerif) into your Kobo fonts folder
Old 03-18-2022, 04:11 PM   #115
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
Some of my favorites are: Bitter Pro, Roboto Slab, Literata Book, and Charis6Eink - a modified version of Charis SIL (from DNSB, I believe).
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 06:38 PM   #116
Colonel Cathcart
Addict
Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shpounz View Post
You have to download the font family and then extract and put RobotoSerif Regular, RobotoSerif Bold, RobotoSerif BoldItalic, RobotoSerif Italic ttf files (\static\RobotoSerif) into your Kobo fonts folder
sigh, so stupid. I saw the file names are Condensed, Expanded, ExtraCondensed, ExtraExpanded, SemiCondensed, SemiExpanded, UltraCondensed, but those are folders, not file names.
Sorry for wasting your time.
Colonel Cathcart is offline   Reply With Quote