Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 11-18-2021, 07:07 PM   #31
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMente81 View Post
Is possible to delete all my posts / topics created here ?
Topics, no. Posts, maybe, depending on account restrictions on a new account. You might be able to erase the content of your posts using the edit function. But the mods won’t help you with this; MR believes in the integrity of discussions. Presumably you came here for help and now you’re done? It’s not very respectful to attempt to remove the traces. Similarly, while we’ll retire an account, we will not eliminate it.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 11:59 AM   #32
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Removing all traces of your activity makes threads difficult to follow (or destroys all usefulness).
As a frequent 'user helper', you just wasted MY efforts.

I bet you also tear pages out of books. Same end effect GAPS in the story
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 10:08 AM   #33
FacetiousKnave
Unconscionable
FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle
Genuine question, is it not illegal to prevent your users in the EU from deleting their account and data? That seems to go against the GDPR.
FacetiousKnave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 09:38 PM   #34
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by FacetiousKnave View Post
Genuine question, is it not illegal to prevent your users in the EU from deleting their account and data? That seems to go against the GDPR.
I thought the GDPR required an organization to delete an individual's data upon request. I did a quick check and could not find anything that would prevent an individual from deleting their own data.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 04:16 AM   #35
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
The question was about preventing individuals from deleting. Perhaps this helps: https://law.stackexchange.com/questi...-posts-deleted
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 06:23 PM   #36
FacetiousKnave
Unconscionable
FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I thought the GDPR required an organization to delete an individual's data upon request. I did a quick check and could not find anything that would prevent an individual from deleting their own data.
You're right. Just to clarify, I know a bit about the subject because in the past I was involved in a long and painful legal conflict with Coinbase around my personal data.

So, this is what I know.

According to GDPR, any EU resident/citizen can request the deletion or correction of their data. You can usually do this by accessing the company's privacy policy, which typically includes the email address of the DPO (Data Protection Officer in the EU) or CPO (Chief Privacy Officer in the US), and email him/her your request.

Companies normally have a month to acknowledge receipt of the request and some extra time to comply and, at least in the EU, in the event of a dispute, users can escalate the request to the relevant DPA, which is the Data Protection Authority from each EU country. In the worst case, companies can be fined.

In the US, users are also protected by similar laws, although these vary by state. For example, in California you have CCPA, which is a similar law to GDPR. There is also another similar law in Nevada.

In my humble opinion, MobileRead could simply implement a deletion alternative similar to Reddit, where the user can delete his profile by himself, leaving his comments visible but anonymised. This way you honour this fundamental users' right, avoiding breaking the flow of the threads.
Old 01-03-2023, 06:34 PM   #37
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FacetiousKnave View Post
In my humble opinion, MobileRead could simply implement a deletion alternative similar to Reddit, where the user can delete his profile by himself, leaving his comments visible but anonymised. This way you honour this fundamental users' right, avoiding breaking the flow of the threads.
MyBB have a plugin called Amnesia that allows a member to anonymise and close their own account via their control panel...
https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?...=view&pid=1282

But the forum only needs to anonmise your posts, not anyone elses, so if your post has been quoted by another member, then bad luck it does not need to be anonymised.
Karellen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 07:02 PM   #38
FacetiousKnave
Unconscionable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
MyBB have a plugin called Amnesia that allows a member to anonymise and close their own account via their control panel...
https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?...=view&pid=1282

But the forum only needs to anonmise your posts, not anyone elses, so if your post has been quoted by another member, then bad luck it does not need to be anonymised.

Yes, what I mean is that the forum would only need to anonymise the nickname of the person who deletes his account. This should not affect the threads because, apart from the nickname, the content would keep the structure and the exchanges intact.
Old 01-16-2023, 03:45 PM   #39
acushway
Member Retired
acushway began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
I want to retire my account
acushway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 04:24 AM   #40
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by acushway View Post
Done.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 12:36 PM   #41
KoboClaraHD609
Member Retired
KoboClaraHD609 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I want to retire my account.
Thank you in advance!
KoboClaraHD609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 01:08 PM   #42
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Done.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 01:02 AM   #43
qingxinshi
Member Retired
qingxinshi began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo HD
Thank you!
qingxinshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 02:03 AM   #44
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by qingxinshi View Post
Thank you!
Done.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 06:48 AM   #45
tedcross
Member Retired
tedcross began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS300, Nokia E61i, Moto E3
How to retire an account

Please could you retire my account. I no longer need to use it.
Thank you
Ted CRoss
tedcross is offline   Reply With Quote