Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-30-2011, 03:33 PM   #1
duggud
duggud began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Kobo and Calibre deleting library

Hi,
I want to delete all 100 books that my ereader came with.
I can delete these books one at a time via the "menu" function on my Kobo. However, i have installed Calibre and use this to display the books in the "device" library = KOBO. I then highlight all 100 books and hit the delete button. I then get an error message:-

"Error communicating with device" and a subheading heading:-
"Data disk image is malformed"

Any ideas what's going wrong?

Any help is appreciated.

Dug
duggud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 03:55 PM   #2
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
What about just using the ability to simply hide the 100 free books that's available in the menu?
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2011, 01:05 AM   #3
GoingDown
Zealot
GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Touch
Are you using latest Calibre? There has been changes in recent Kobo firmware versions which require Calibre update.

Also, update Kobo firmware to latest version if you have not done it already.

Can you delete any books (one by one) via Calibre?
GoingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:33 AM   #4
digiSara
Groupie
digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.

Device: Kobo wifi
Are you able to add and delete other books using Calibre?
digiSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:22 PM   #5
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by duggud View Post
Hi,
"device" library = KOBO. I then highlight all 100 books and hit the delete button. I then get an error message:-

"Error communicating with device" and a subheading heading:-
"Data disk image is malformed"

Any ideas

Dug
The message means what it says unfortunately. Your database has become corrupt at some point. It may have been (probably was corrupt) before you tried to delete the books but until, you tried to access/ delete the book that caused the issue you were okay. You may be able to narrow it down by deleting less books. I have had some luck in the past exporting the data removing the offending rows and reimporting. However you are best off doing a factory reset and removing the books.

Tim
timlegge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert