Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-30-2009, 01:27 AM   #46
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I'm fascinated by how many people read in bed while their spouses are sleeping. If I can't sleep, I get out of bed and go read in another room. I'd hate to risk waking the sleeping mate.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:38 AM   #47
JanetCinNC
Groupie
JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 650 in red, Sony PRS-600 in red, Sony PRS-505 in red, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
I'm fascinated by how many people read in bed while their spouses are sleeping. If I can't sleep, I get out of bed and go read in another room. I'd hate to risk waking the sleeping mate.
When we go to bed, we adjust the house temperature for energy/cost savings. Only the bedrooms are comfortable, so I stay in the bedroom when I can't sleep.
JanetCinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2009, 03:53 AM   #48
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetCinNC View Post
When we go to bed, we adjust the house temperature for energy/cost savings. Only the bedrooms are comfortable, so I stay in the bedroom when I can't sleep.
Ah. I have the benefit of living in an area that requires no heating or cooling.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:03 AM   #49
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Ah. I have the benefit of living in an area that requires no heating or cooling.
Where is that?
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:21 AM   #50
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
That's why we are looking for a light source that would not disturb our spouses. eBook reader is almost a perfect solution because it helps to avoid rustle of paper
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2009, 10:15 PM   #51
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
You must live in Hawai'i. It's always perfect in Hawai'i.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:30 PM   #52
Greg G
Groupie
Greg G is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Papwerwhite
Quote:
It's not about having problems falling asleep, it's more my normal night time routine. I always read in bed at night. It helps me wind down and be ready to sleep. When the time is right I put my reader on the night table and drift off to sleep. If I was in another room it would ruin the whole thing - I'd wake up before I got into bed.

The hard thing is if the book I'm reading is too good then I never want to put it down and then I'm in for a rough day the next day . There is nothing like picking up my book the next day and seeing that the last time I turned the page was 2am (clock hack)!

-Greg
Greg G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:49 AM   #53
keith_mahoney
keith_mahoney began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600 on pre-order; Cancelled. Got a 505, charger and case 4 less $
I would like a clip on with red LEDs if it would work with a Reader screen.
At the moment I use a red LED headlamp to read at night with. My wife says she can hardly notice it with her eyes closed compared to white light, and I find it easy on the eyes also.
I can't remember but it may have taken me a while to get used to. I have been in the military for 10 years and have spent plenty of time reading under a red light in order to not lose night vision or attract attention.
keith_mahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:28 AM   #54
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith_mahoney View Post
I would like a clip on with red LEDs if it would work with a Reader screen.
At the moment I use a red LED headlamp to read at night with. My wife says she can hardly notice it with her eyes closed compared to white light, and I find it easy on the eyes also.
I can't remember but it may have taken me a while to get used to. I have been in the military for 10 years and have spent plenty of time reading under a red light in order to not lose night vision or attract attention.
LightWedge makes a night vision/red LED reading light.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote