Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-14-2023, 01:48 PM   #46
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Omce expired, the DRM will not allow the eBook to be read. You have to borrow it again and put it on your Kindle before it expires with long enough time to be able to read it.

What is it about the word expired don't you understand?

Last edited by JSWolf; 08-14-2023 at 03:22 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 02:36 PM   #47
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWHanson1 View Post

HERE'S WHAT I CAN'T DO:
I cannot find a way to move my copy of the book from Calibre to Kindle after my loan expires. When I try to email it to Kindle from Calibre, it generates a "job" which times- out after 3 minutes. Seems like I should be able to do this. Does Kindle have a memory of my borrowing and returning it from my Libby app?
And it is against MR guidelines to help you steal a (expired) loaned book.
Don't ask again for help doing this.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2023, 11:23 PM   #48
modified
Connoisseur
modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: PW5
New Version 0.1.7

Version 0.1.7 - 2023-08-20

- New: If "Include titles without downloadable formats" is enabled, titles that do not have a downloadable format will be shown. In addition, when the title is chosen for download, the plugin will create an Empty Book
- New: Read with Kindle option is available for loans that are available as Kindle books and not already format-locked
- New: Search tab that provides a basic search function across your libraries
- New: View book details by double-clicking on the row
- New: Cards tab that gives an overview of your linked cards
- New: Custom columns to store borrowed/due dates, and loan type (calibre>=5.35.0)
- New: Renew/place hold for an expiring loan
- New: Display number of available holds in the Holds tab text
- New: Last used tab will be opened by default
- New: Disable borrow button if limits for the card has been reached
- New: Compatible with calibre 5.34.0 and newer
modified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 12:07 AM   #49
miss_p1nky
Enthusiast
miss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enough

Device: Moon+ Reader Pro
When a default lending period hasn't been determined in the library's setting (for new library for example), can the plugin pick one? And if yes, which period will it pick?
miss_p1nky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 01:23 AM   #50
modified
Connoisseur
modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_p1nky View Post
When a default lending period hasn't been determined in the library's setting (for new library for example), can the plugin pick one? And if yes, which period will it pick?
Right now, the plugin will probably throw an error. Will try to fix this for the next release.

Simplest work around is to use Libby and borrow your first loan and it should automatically set the lending period preference.
Advert
Old 08-23-2023, 08:12 AM   #51
miss_p1nky
Enthusiast
miss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enough

Device: Moon+ Reader Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by modified View Post
Right now, the plugin will probably throw an error. Will try to fix this for the next release.

Simplest work around is to use Libby and borrow your first loan and it should automatically set the lending period preference.
Right, thanks. I know how to set it up the first time.
I ask this because a library suddenly give me 21 days when I borrowed the book via the plugin when I'm pretty sure I've set it up to 7 days.

On an unrelated note, Idk if this shows in your OS but with Windows, Loan tabs actually display titles column nicely (titles don't get cut off) without me needing to resize the plugin window but Hold tabs has different Title column size. I wonder why? Is it possible that the size of the columns be made uniform for all tabs?

https://puu.sh/JOn9s/f477c1ec89.png
vs
https://puu.sh/JOn9u/6b8489b7c9.png
miss_p1nky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 10:30 AM   #52
modified
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_p1nky View Post
On an unrelated note, Idk if this shows in your OS but with Windows, Loan tabs actually display titles column nicely (titles don't get cut off) without me needing to resize the plugin window but Hold tabs has different Title column size. I wonder why? Is it possible that the size of the columns be made uniform for all tabs?
The Holds tab has 1 more column than the Loans tab.
Old 08-24-2023, 09:18 PM   #53
morriscox
morriscox began at the beginning.

Device: none
I have been checking out magazines from my library. Some download fine but some, like PC Gamer, give me the error message: AttributeError " 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'perfs'
morriscox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 10:53 PM   #54
modified
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by morriscox View Post
I have been checking out magazines from my library. Some download fine but some, like PC Gamer, give me the error message: AttributeError " 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'perfs'
The error message pop-up should offer you a button to "Copy" the full error trace log, please post with that instead in the future because the short error message is insufficient.

I've also tested with the 2 different PC Gamer magazine titles listed below and both downloaded fine.

PC Gamer (US Edition) https://share.libbyapp.com/title/10048533
PC Gamer https://share.libbyapp.com/title/10065491

Can you provide a link to a magazine that could not be downloaded?
Old 08-26-2023, 11:57 PM   #55
morriscox

Quote:
The error message pop-up should offer you a button to "Copy" the full error trace log, please post with that instead in the future because the short error message is insufficient.

I've also tested with the 2 different PC Gamer magazine titles listed below and both downloaded fine.

PC Gamer (US Edition) https://share.libbyapp.com/title/10048533
PC Gamer https://share.libbyapp.com/title/10065491

Can you provide a link to a magazine that could not be downloaded?
Oddly enough, it started working again. However, now I have having a problem with ebooks. This particular one is The Fall of Hyperion by Dan Simmons.

https://libbyapp.com/library/lasvega...t?key=lasvegas

-----
calibre, version 6.25.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'NoneType' object has no attribute 'prefs'

calibre 6.25 embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19044-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19044')
Python 3.10.1
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19044', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeACSM (0, 0, 16) && Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (2, 3, 0) && DeDRM (7, 1, 0) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (2, 3, 0) && Consolidate All Library Metadata (2, 0, 46) && Find Duplicates (1, 10, 8) && Generate Cover (2, 3, 2) && Goodreads (1, 7, 9) && Goodreads Sync (1, 16, 3) && Job Spy (1, 0, 239) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (2, 3, 0) && KFX Input (2, 3, 0) && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) (2, 2, 0) && KFX Output (2, 2, 0) && Kindle Collections (1, 7, 29) && Kindle hi-res covers (0, 5, 0) && Modify ePub (1, 8, 1) && Obok DeDRM (7, 1, 0) && OverDrive Libby (0, 1, 7) && Overdrive Link (2, 56, 0) && Prettify Cover (1, 6, 0) && X-Ray Creator (3, 2, 1) && Overdrive Link Metadata Source (2, 56, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.dialog.loans" , line 337, in download_btn_clicked
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.dialog.loans" , line 365, in download_loan
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.dialog.loans" , line 429, in download_ebook
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.dialog.loans" , line 416, in match_existing_book
File "calibre\db\cache.py", line 85, in call_func_with_lock
File "calibre\db\cache.py", line 1384, in search
File "calibre\db\search.py", line 952, in __call__
File "calibre\db\search.py", line 938, in create_parser
File "calibre\db\cache.py", line 929, in pref
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'prefs'
Old 08-27-2023, 11:09 AM   #56
morriscox

I restarted Calibre and I was able to do the download.
Old 08-28-2023, 01:34 PM   #57
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
I have installed this plugin and entered my cards from three libraries into Libby on my phone and linked it to the plugin. This appears to be working and I am able to see my loans and download them.

Exploring a bit further I am trying out the search feature. Is there a way to define the search target a bit better? For example, I had hoped to see which of James White's books were available to me. The results returned included many other authors and even titles matching one of the words.

Is there a way to limit a search to a particular field, such as author? Is there to require a match of all words as opposed to any?

I am pleased to have this plugin and look forward to making good use of it.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 06:57 PM   #58
modified
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
Is there a way to limit a search to a particular field, such as author? Is there to require a match of all words as opposed to any?
Unfortunately not. The multi-library search is very basic and works best if you already have a specific book in mind.

Your library's OverDrive Advanced Search page (browser/desktop) is probably more suitable for what you have in mind.
Old 08-29-2023, 03:04 PM   #59
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Unfortunately not. The multi-library search is very basic and works best if you already have a specific book in mind.

Your library's OverDrive Advanced Search page (browser/desktop) is probably more suitable for what you have in mind.
So it goes. I had hoped that there would have been a way to search the three libraries I have linked in your plugin as opposed to having to search each of the three.

Perhaps at some point this could be enhanced when it fits with your development plans. Being able to limit the search to particular fields, for example author, and requiring all words as opposed to any would likely be enough for many cases.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 02:24 PM   #60
natabat
natabat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Thank you so much for this plugin, I have been wanting this integration for AGES.

I'm seeing the same problem as miss_p1nky with the Title column in the holds tab. It'd be great to be able to resize the columns, or customize which columns are displayed.

I think I noticed upthread that you added a "Borrow and Download" options to the holds, any chance you could add it to the search as well?

Seriously though, finding this plugin has made my day! I get 99% of my books through Libby, and the disjointed multi-step workflow has always annoyed me. But no longer!
natabat is offline   Reply With Quote