Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-14-2023, 06:35 AM   #16
modified
Connoisseur
modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewd View Post
Loving this plugin - thank you!

A request and a note. :-)

Would it be possible to also have a "borrow and download" option to eliminate a few clicks (go to Holds tab, borrow, go to Loans tab, download)?
Yeah, this got annoying me for too, so I have implemented a "Borrow and Download" option already. It will be available in the next release.

Quote:
If the "Hide books already in libary" box is checked, it will also hide books for which there is an empty book record (i.e. it might appear that you've downloaded them when you haven't). I don't know if there's any way for the plugin to determine/indicate whether there is actually a file attached to the record or not, but thought it worth noting.
I'm aware of this. The logic for whether a book is already in the library is just a simple title match at the moment. I don't know if adding a format check is feasible, but I'll take a look.
modified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 11:00 AM   #17
modified
Connoisseur
modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

New version 0.1.5

Version 0.1.5 - 2023-07-15

- New: Option to "Borrow and Download" from the Borrow button for loans/magazines
- New: Edit a hold to suspend or delay delivery
- New: Option to mark books that have been updated with a new format
- New: Option to exclude/include empty books when hiding titles already in library
- Disable Borrow button if a magazine issue is already borrowed
- Generate the "odid" identifier for a new download if user has the OverDrive Link plugin installed
- Fix title matching for book that has a subtitle
- Fix regression where generated magazines temp files were not being properly deleted
- Fix layout wonkiness
- Localize date values
- Switch to using svg image files for icons, so plugin zip is now smaller
Advert
Old 07-21-2023, 10:40 PM   #18
modified
Connoisseur

New Version 0.1.6

Version 0.1.6 - 2023-07-22

- Fix: Error if loan was sent to Kindle
- Fix: Issue for Windows where window size is not restored properly
- New: Add option to disable updating of existing empty books
- New: Indicate if loan is a skip-the-line checkout
- Improvement: Update more book metadata from loan details
- Improvement: Match empty books for update using title/ISBN/ASIN even if OverDrive Link Integration is not enabled
- Improvement: Make UI more keyboard navigable
Old 07-22-2023, 03:42 AM   #19
sgmoore
Enthusiast
sgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kindle Voyage
I'm getting a "certificate has expired" message when I try to enter a Libby setup code.

Last part of the error message is

Quote:
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.__init__", line 99, in save_settings
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.config", line 356, in save_settings
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.libby.client" , line 493, in get_chip
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.libby.client" , line 451, in send_request
calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.libby.errors.Clien tConnectionError: <calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.libby.errors.Clie ntConnectionError; http_status=0, msg='URLError <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: "(_ssl.c:997)>', error_response='''>

I'm using UK British summer time and the time on my computer is correct and synced to time.nist.gov .

This is with version 0.1.6 of the OverDrive Libby plugin.

Other details.

Quote:
calibre 6.23* embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19045-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19045')
Python 3.10.1
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19045', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: en_GB
Any ideas?
sgmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 04:11 AM   #20
modified
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmoore View Post
I'm getting a "certificate has expired" message when I try to enter a Libby setup code.

Last part of the error message is

I'm using UK British summer time and the time on my computer is correct and synced to time.nist.gov .

This is with version 0.1.6 of the OverDrive Libby plugin.

Other details.

Any ideas?
Can you try to download the Let's Encrypt R3 certificate from https://letsencrypt.org/certs/lets-encrypt-r3.der? Then import it into the Windows certificate store by double-clicking on the file and following the subsequent prompts.
Advert
Old 07-22-2023, 07:12 AM   #21
sgmoore
Enthusiast
sgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by modified View Post
Can you try to download the Let's Encrypt R3 certificate from https://letsencrypt.org/certs/lets-encrypt-r3.der? Then import it into the Windows certificate store by double-clicking on the file and following the subsequent prompts.
Yes that works.
Thank you very much - both for your help and for the plugin.
sgmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 05:03 AM   #22
dewd
Enthusiast
dewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: none
This plugin was working perfectly for me with version 0.1.4. When I installed 0.1.5, the toolbar icon showed a dropdown for "Libby", but nothing would happen when I clicked on that. I didn't have time to look at it for a few days, but came back yesterday and, unable to figure out the problem, installed 0.1.6.

Now the toolbar plugin icon has disappeared entirely and is no longer available from the Preferences/Toolbars menu. If I go to Preferences/Plugins, the plugin shows as installed, but clicking on it brings up the "you must restart before you can configure..." dialog. So far I have:
- restarted Calibre several times
- removed the plugin & reinstalled it, then restarted Calibre again
- removed the plugin, reinstalled it from the downloaded file, then restarted Calibre again
- closed Calibre, rebooted my laptop & re-opened Calibre

The plugin still shows as installed in Preferences/Plugins, but still wants me to restart Calibre before I can customize it. I can customize other plugins.

I'm running Calibre 6.9.0 on Mac OS Monterey.

Any ideas?
dewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 05:23 AM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
This plugin was working perfectly for me with version 0.1.4. When I installed 0.1.5, the toolbar icon showed a dropdown for "Libby", but nothing would happen when I clicked on that. I didn't have time to look at it for a few days, but came back yesterday and, unable to figure out the problem, installed 0.1.6.

Now the toolbar plugin icon has disappeared entirely and is no longer available from the Preferences/Toolbars menu. If I go to Preferences/Plugins, the plugin shows as installed, but clicking on it brings up the "you must restart before you can configure..." dialog. So far I have:
- removed the plugin, reinstalled it from the downloaded file, then restarted Calibre again

The plugin still shows as installed in Preferences/Plugins, but still wants me to restart Calibre before I can customize it. I can customize other plugins.

Any ideas?
Install the latest version of calibre and do all of your testing again. It's pointless to test with an older version of calibre.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 11:11 AM   #24
modified
Connoisseur

Can you try to restart calibre in debug mode? Shift+Cmd+R or select from the Preferences menubar.

In the generated log, look for any errors and report back here.

Edited to add: If you need to downgrade, you can download the plugin zip for older releases from GitHub

v0.1.4 https://github.com/ping/libby-calibr...ses/tag/v0.1.4
v0.1.5 https://github.com/ping/libby-calibr...ses/tag/v0.1.5

Quote:

Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Preferences_menubar.png
Views:	69
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	202796  

Last edited by modified; 07-23-2023 at 12:16 PM.
Old 07-24-2023, 07:44 AM   #25
modified
Connoisseur

I think I figured out the problem. Can you check if the test version attached to this post works for you? If not, please restart calibre in debug mode and check the debug log for any errors.

Edited 2023-07-27: Please see second post for latest test version.

Quote:

Any ideas?

Last edited by modified; 07-27-2023 at 09:57 AM. Reason: New test version
Old 07-27-2023, 09:59 AM   #26
modified
Connoisseur

New Test Version

2023-07-27 - 3bdb037

- calibre 5 compatible version. Requires v5.34.0 or newer.

Download
Old 07-27-2023, 01:45 PM   #27
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by modified View Post
2023-07-27 - 3bdb037

- calibre 5 compatible version. Requires v5.34.0 or newer.

Download
Is the version compatible with calibre 5.34 and 6.x?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 04:23 PM   #28
modified
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Is the version compatible with calibre 5.34 and 6.x?
Yes it is.
Old 07-31-2023, 09:05 AM   #29
TWHanson1
Enthusiast
TWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: PC
If I install this plugin, Does the book just disappear from Calibre when my borrowing time expires? What if I've downloaded the book from Calibre to my Kindle when that happens?
TWHanson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 08:02 PM   #30
modified
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWHanson1 View Post
If I install this plugin, Does the book just disappear from Calibre when my borrowing time expires? What if I've downloaded the book from Calibre to my Kindle when that happens?
The plugin does not auto return your loans, nor does it remove anything from your calibre library. It's your responsibility to remove the book when your loan expires.