Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-12-2023, 03:50 PM   #16
HebrewReader
HebrewReader began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (10th Generation)
I tested it locally and I have no such issues. I even managed to get metadata for the exact same book (העי"ג) from your log.

The CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED error you're getting might be caused by VPNs. See for example this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=296115
HebrewReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 01:38 AM   #17
tgiladi
Enthusiast
tgiladi can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.tgiladi can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.tgiladi can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.tgiladi can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.tgiladi can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.tgiladi can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.tgiladi can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.tgiladi can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.tgiladi can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.tgiladi can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.tgiladi can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Thanks again. This is strange because I don't have issues with other metadata providers (Goodreads, Amazon etc.), but of course I use these to search metadata for English books, not Hebrew. I haven't made any changes to my network connection and I'm not using VPN. But I did try on another machine in my network and got the same error. I should mention that the plugin did work for me before, I think it had stopped working for me since the latest Calibre update (7.1).
I guess I'll have to keep investigating, but I'd appreciate any advice you might have to give.
tgiladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2023, 12:51 PM   #18
tgiladi
Enthusiast
tgiladi can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.tgiladi can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.tgiladi can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.tgiladi can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.tgiladi can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.tgiladi can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.tgiladi can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.tgiladi can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.tgiladi can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.tgiladi can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.tgiladi can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Oasis
So I wanted to make sure that I don't have a MITM (Man In The Middle) issue, because I saw other posts where it was mentioned as a potential cause for the problem with OpenSSL. I completely reset the PC I had Calibre installed on, and re-installed Windows. The first program I installed after that was Calibre. I then downloaded this plugin and tried again to get metadata. To my surprise I got the same error, but this time all other plugins were not returning any metadata either, for the same reason. I recalled that one forum user mentioned that they had luck after opening and closing Chrome, so I installed chrome and did that, and that helped with the other plugins (Amazon, Google, Goodreads) but not this plugin.
I'm not sure why this happens, I even tried connecting via a different network (mobile hotspot). I hope someone who reads this might have a clue as to what I could do to resolve this because I am at a loss.
tgiladi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
evrit, hebrew, metadata source plugin, plugin