Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 04-11-2022, 03:14 AM   #1
Toontje
Toontje began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Confused about Calibre Server - What is it for?

Hi!

My goal is to be able to sync my Kindle with calibre using any PC in the house with a USB port. So ideally i would have calibre-server running on a PC somewhere and connect my Kindle to this calibre instance which contains my books.
When i read about calibre-server it is used to "read from the web" and "share books over the internet". It doesn't say anything about syncing books with devices from a central place. Is that not what calibre-server is for?

Thanks and forgive my newbie-ism.

Ton.
Toontje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 07:52 AM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/server.html
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2022, 11:04 AM   #3
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toontje View Post
Hi!

My goal is to be able to sync my Kindle with calibre using any PC in the house with a USB port. So ideally i would have calibre-server running on a PC somewhere and connect my Kindle to this calibre instance which contains my books.

When i read about calibre-server it is used to "read from the web" and "share books over the internet". It doesn't say anything about syncing books with devices from a central place. Is that not what calibre-server is for?

Thanks and forgive my newbie-ism.

Ton.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=4202579

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre server, kindle, sync