Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-24-2021, 05:45 PM   #1
Buhaj47
Zealot
Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra 2
Remove ToC and cover xhtml

I reviewed some ebooks I'll be converting to KEPUBs and they mostly have 1:1 correspondence between xhtml files and ToC. There are some ToC and cover html files that are not reflected in the ToC. Can I remove those two without consequence or should I better add them to ToC? If I remove the cover xhtml, will the cover disappear? The jpg is still there.
Buhaj47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 06:47 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Have you tried what happens? I think I mentioned this elsewhere, but, the issues with non-one-to-one ToC to files with kepubs is a lot less than it has been. And hasn't been for a while. I still generally recommend it, but, I also have plenty of books where it isn't the case and cannot think of any actual issues when reading them.

Your best bet is to try it and decided if the issues are a problem for you.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert