Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-03-2014, 11:03 AM   #1
toothsome
toothsome began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura (hopefully?)
Weird line spacing - PDF to ePub conversion in Calibre

Please forgive me if this has been addressed elsewhere; I've searched but haven't been able to find the answer.

I have a Kobo Aura and have been using it to convert PDFs of books to ePub format. The result is quite readable on my Aura but it's almost like the text is double-spaced; there's a whole blank line between sentences, and sentences are broken up, so they never take up more than a line and a half, with an entire blank line between each. It's like reading my nonfiction PDFs in blank verse format! I have converted about ten PDFs and this is true for all of them. When I read books from the Kobo store, they display normally.

Is there a setting in Calibre I can change, or a plug-in, or something else I can do? I have to turn the page so frequently.
toothsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 11:42 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Sticky: Read this before Posting PDF Questions

tl;dr
Not much. PDF is a horrible format to convert from, but there are a few things you can try.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2014, 12:05 PM   #3
toothsome
toothsome began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura (hopefully?)
Ah! Thanks. If it can't be improved, that's okay, but I'm glad to have this link anyway. Quite useful.
toothsome is offline   Reply With Quote