Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 12-27-2023, 08:37 PM   #1
jasn
jasn began at the beginning.

Device: Pixel Tablet
ADE Authorization Error - E_ADEPT_SIGNIN_CONNECTION_EXCEPTION with Google

I can't authorize ADE with my Google account on my new PC.

I originally setup ADE on a system and made my last Google Play Store ebook purchase in 2016. Since then, I switched to Amazon. However, I've now installed ADE on my new system so that I can access my old Google ebook purchases, but also so I can switch from Amazon to Google for my future ebook purchases. I've tried many of the recommended fixes posted online and the Activation Server Error is the same regardless of what I try. This includes;

Trying ADE 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, and 4.5
Turning off Google 2 Factor Authentication
Changing my Google PW to an 8 character, letters and numbers only, PW

I deleted the Windows Adobe entries with Regedit between attempts and I even tried linking my Google account with my Adobe account in the Adobe account profile section, but nothing I tried worked, (after this failed I deleted the Google account link as well). In fact, nothing I tried even generated a different error message.

There is no prior authorization enabled on this computer, as this is a brand new installation, so there's no activation file on it to delete, or reset. Also looking in my Adobe account I see that there are no active authorizations, (although I don't know if that list includes ADE authorizations or only paid product authorizations). I also made sure that I deleted the "Third-party apps & services" link for my Adobe account, in my Google account profile, to fully clear everything on both sides.

If anyone has some suggestions for things I haven't tried yet, please feel free to respond. I'm really surprised that this has turned out to be such an unworkable situation. I'm literally locked out of all of my Google Play book purchases until this gets resolved.

TIA..

P.S. I am able to successfully authorize ADE with my Adobe username/password. However, I'm using the Google Play Store for book purchases and I assume that I need to authorize that account from ADE. (Please correct me if this is wrong)

So after successfully authorizing ADE for my Adobe account, I then deleted the authorization, (Ctrl-Shift-D) and attempted to authorize to my Google account, and it failed with the exact same error message as previously.

Last edited by jasn; 12-28-2023 at 10:28 AM.
jasn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 11:26 PM   #2
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I don't think that's how it works. As long as Google gives you an ACSM file, you redeem it with ADE using your Adobe account. Adobe has no knowledge of your Google credentials, so trying to authorise your Google account with ADE makes no sense and thus doesn't work. Using your Adobe credentials should be correct.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 07:30 AM   #3
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
I don't think that's how it works. As long as Google gives you an ACSM file, you redeem it with ADE using your Adobe account. Adobe has no knowledge of your Google credentials, so trying to authorise your Google account with ADE makes no sense and thus doesn't work. Using your Adobe credentials should be correct.
That's right. No need for any Google credentials in authorizing your ADE.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 10:32 AM   #4
jasn
jasn began at the beginning.

Device: Pixel Tablet
Thank you both for your responses.

I'm not sure why I was under the impression that in order to correctly download and read Google Play book purchases, I would need to authorize ADE with my Google credentials, however once I authorized ADE, (2.0.1), with my Adobe credentials, I was able to download and read both new, and old, ebook purchases from Google, without issue.

jasn is offline   Reply With Quote