Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 06-23-2023, 11:28 AM   #1
QRAK_
QRAK_ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 3 (Black+White), Kindle PW5
Exclamation KOReader progress sync stopped working

Today I've noticed that I no longer can sync my progress in Koreader. After clicking the sync progress buttun it freezes for 30 seconds and shows an error that sync failed and I should check my network connection. Is there some kind of sync server problem right now? I've check it on couple devices and different networks (WiFi and LTE) and the result is the same.

Edit:
I've found NiLuJe's comment on GitHub that the official sync server will be down for a few days.

Last edited by QRAK_; 06-23-2023 at 11:30 AM. Reason: An update
QRAK_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2023, 03:37 AM   #2
boox
boox began at the beginning.

Device: Leaf 2, PB Touch HD3, Kindle PW2+JB, Android cell with KOreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by QRAK_ View Post
I've found NiLuJe's comment on GitHub that the official sync server will be down for a few days.
Can you provide a link to that comment? I was not able to find it.

My KOreader freezes when there is no possibility to sync, which is very annoying.

Are there any other sync servers available I may use to avoid those freezes?
boox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2023, 04:58 AM   #3
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/10603
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2023, 11:37 AM   #4
Connoisseur
305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boox Leaf 7"
Same here. I've just disabled network on my reader for the time being.
305869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 03:41 AM   #5
boox

As promised (today is the 26th) the syncserver ist working again.
Old 07-24-2023, 02:25 AM   #6
boox

Is it only me or does the KOreader progress sync fail for you too since yesterday?

I ask again: Is there any other sync server available I may use to avoid the KOreader sync server outages?

Is there any other possibility to sync progress instead using a full blown Docker install?

I am thinking of synching by running a PHP (commonly available) script on a webspace. E.g. provide a JSON file to the webspace or get it from there. This would be a light synching variant.
Old 07-24-2023, 06:58 AM   #7
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by boox View Post
Is it only me or does the KOreader progress sync fail for you too since yesterday?

I ask again: Is there any other sync server available I may use to avoid the KOreader sync server outages?

Is there any other possibility to sync progress instead using a full blown Docker install?

I am thinking of synching by running a PHP (commonly available) script on a webspace. E.g. provide a JSON file to the webspace or get it from there. This would be a light synching variant.
Have a look at https://github.com/topics/koreader-sync

You can find more alternatives on github et al, like:

https://github.com/jberlyn/kosync-dotnet
https://github.com/dobladov/koreader-node-sync-server
https://github.com/relkochta/koreader-sync

All of these are usually easier to deploy and are focused on single/few users.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
koreader, network error, progress sync, server, sync