Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-29-2021, 09:39 AM   #1
jazzchilli
jazzchilli began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Can't stop syncing to OneDrive

Sorry if this has been discussed before - I did a search and couldn't find anything.

I have been trying to stop my Calibre library syncing to OneDrive and believed I had finally done so. My Calibre library is on an external drive. Or so I thought...

I was freeing up space on my C drive and deleted the Calibre library in the OneDrive folder, thinking I must have forgotten to delete it before. But once I did this, everything disappeared from my Calibre library!

This has happened several times now and I've had to retag and edit metadata for 5000+ books each time.

I'm resigned to the fact that I'll have to do this yet again, but is there a foolproof way to break the link between Calibre and OneDrive once and for all? I don't seem to be able to delete it completely from my system.
jazzchilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 03:56 PM   #2
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Where is your Calibre library on your computer?
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 03:58 PM   #3
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Step by step process – how to prevent OneDrive from syncing a specific folder:

First, click on the OneDrive icon.
Then click on “Help & Settings”.
Now click on “Preferences”.
Now click on “Accounts”.
In the “Location is Syncing” category find the OneDrive account.
Now click on “choose folder”.
Unselect the folders you don’t want to sync.
Then click on “OK”.

Also, if it is at all possible, if you are able to save the .db and metadata_preferences files in your library to a separate location, then you will able to always have your library metadata. In case you need to retag your books in the future.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 07:47 PM   #4
jazzchilli
jazzchilli began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Thank you so much, I seem to have just managed to retrieve the library with tags intact, as I found the .db and metadata files from the day I lost everything.

Sorry I only saw this today as I didn't get an email to say that the thread had responses!

My calibre library is on an external drive. I don't know if this is advisable, but my laptop's c drive is quite small, so I only keep work related files on it if possible, apart from music. Once I move my music onto the external drive however, I may move Calibre back.
jazzchilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 08:42 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
External drives (USB, ESATA) are ok. Just protect power (if used) and connections from accidental disconnection (and Cats knocking them over)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
library, onedrive, sync