Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-30-2013, 03:35 PM   #1
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
Post rgbpaint

twobob had this working, I just packaged it up.

Version 2.1

Last edited by twobob; 10-04-2013 at 07:45 PM. Reason: V2.1
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:10 PM   #2
Aeris
Developer's Corner Mascot
Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.4, Kindle Keyboard 3.4
It doesn't work on my kindle PW I've started Fronter, "INSTALLED" it from the kual command and try to execute this but nothing

PS I still don't get what fronter does... does it consumes CPU or RAM after installation? Does it survive only the framework restart and go away after rebooting?
Aeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:29 PM   #3
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

twobob is the answer for fronter, but as I understand it's a wrapper of sorts to allow the title attribute and show layers 'on top' like dialogs. I just run the KUAL button to install, wait for it to patch, KUAL button again to rgbpaint or pente or whatever? There is an option button for KUAL that says "save and reset KUAL.log" I use that and quit KUAL, then there is a new document on my home screen. Go to the end to see the must current info.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:51 PM   #4
Aeris
Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Pente and majong do run, but rbgpaint doesn't on my kindle PW 5.3.4...

Unable to load image-loading module: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.1.0.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-xpm.so: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-xpm.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Last edited by Aeris; 09-30-2013 at 05:01 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:17 PM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I vaguely recall baf mentioning this specific part of GTK went *poof* in a recent 5.3.x update...
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:24 PM   #6
Aeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
I vaguely recall baf mentioning this specific part of GTK went *poof* in a recent 5.3.x update...
Fantastic!

(nice memory NiLuJe: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=35)

Last edited by Aeris; 09-30-2013 at 05:29 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:32 PM   #7
brianinmaine
Evangelist

Ah, OK I know whats the issue. I have a copy of that file on my /mnt/us folder and I symlinked it into my root. I didn't realize that was the issue. I'll post the file I missed, with instructions on where to add or symlink it in, IF you want to hack the default filesystem? An upgrade might wipe it out, of course. It's only one small file, in a directory of many other image types.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:36 PM   #8
Aeris

The program could also be compiled to search libpixbufloader-xpm.so in rgbpaint directory maybe? Instead of the default path... if I'm not wrong baf did something like that for eboard app: http://www.fabiszewski.net/kindle-chess/

He placed libpixbufloader-xpm.so and gdk-pixbuf.loaders in the pixbuf directory of the app and linked them from here

Last edited by Aeris; 09-30-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:18 PM   #9
brianinmaine
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeris View Post
The program could also be compiled to search libpixbufloader-xpm.so in rgbpaint directory maybe? Instead of the default path... if I'm not wrong baf did something like that for eboard app: http://www.fabiszewski.net/kindle-chess/

He placed libpixbufloader-xpm.so and gdk-pixbuf.loaders in the pixbuf directory of the app and linked them from here
Good idea - I'll try to look into it. I'm pretty shakey on this stuff, but I'm learning
Old 09-30-2013, 06:34 PM   #10
Aeris

Thank you
Old 09-30-2013, 06:41 PM   #11
brianinmaine
Evangelist

my copy of eboard (installed) doesn't have libpixbufloader-xpm.so so I'll have to re-download and see what he did. It really would be much easier to just add this symlink (25k for the whole file). I could just add it to the first run to see if it's there and if not, add it. That's all there is to it.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:58 PM   #12
Aeris

Don't worry... I'll wait for a while, if nobody can't help or find a solution with this maybe I will consider to add that symlink

By now I'm trying to build a robust system that would survives any format and keeping all possible things in extension folder
Old 09-30-2013, 07:35 PM   #13
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
I'll fix it. asap.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:22 PM   #14
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeris View Post
Pente and majong do run, but rbgpaint doesn't on my kindle PW 5.3.4...

Unable to load image-loading module: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.1.0.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-xpm.so: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-xpm.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Fixed.

Now is also a native application.

EDIT: put in README

Quote:
Patch file shows what I did.

Patch file made like
diff -rupN rgbpaint-0.8.7/ rgbpaint-0.8.7-KUAL/ | sed '/Binary\ files\ /d' > rgbpaint.patch
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013-10-01T04_36_16-0100.gif
Views:	403
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	112465  

Last edited by twobob; 09-30-2013 at 11:56 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:42 AM   #15
twobob

Added quit button.

removed need for fiddly dbus monitoring.

it's all mentioned in the patch file.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013-10-01T05_45_26-0100.gif
Views:	406
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	112469  

Last edited by twobob; 10-01-2013 at 12:46 AM.