Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-01-2020, 02:12 PM   #16
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
No, I can't see how that works unless it's all ebooks and all public domain, so basically giving away copies. I've worked in a library and delivered and installed both book lending (for a college) and a video library system. Barcodes. Also I've done distributed consumables management system and stock control. Written databases etc.
You and I are pretty much in agreement. The corporate library system I have first hand knowledge of adds and removes users based on LDAP queries to Active Directory, ebook loans are tracked for two reasons, the first being that about 50% of the ebooks are limited loans or time (50 loans/2 years seems to be popular) and the second being that 90% are limited in the number of concurrent loans. The physical side uses the user's RFID ID card queried back to AD and barcodes on the books though they are switching to RFID tags real soon now (RSN for the last two years and counting ).

I don't see that as being a task that calibre is designed to handle. Heck, quite a few libraries farm their ebook management tasks out to Overdrive, etc. for a reason.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 07:21 PM   #17
Geremia
Addict
Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Calibre
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
one of these might suit your purpose ==>> Best 8 Free & Open Source Library Management Software Solutions
Interesting. Thanks.
Geremia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, librarian, library science